Up to £75,000 plus benefits that include 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays, private medical insurance, generous pension package and flexi-time.
This is a full-time vacancy however applicants wishing to work family-friendly hours or part-time are also welcome to apply.
An iconic Birmingham city centre location is recruiting for a Finance Director. We are looking for an experienced Finance Director to influence the strategic and operational direction of our business.
This is a senior position where the post holder will be responsible for the strategic leadership of both the Finance department and Facilities department.
The successful Finance Director will have high integrity and the ability to drive change and continuous improvement. The candidate must be hands on, technically strong, influential and have excellent interpersonal skills. We are a small team and both technical ability and strong ‘people’ skills are important to us. We are looking for someone with demonstrable senior finance experience gained within a fast-paced environment and they must be able to create a close working relationship with the management team. The Finance Director will need to be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
The right person for the role will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A proven track record and experience of successful strategic leadership in a Finance Director role
- Experience of the direct management and development of departmental teams(previous experience of managing a Facilities team as well as a Finance team is desirable but not essential)
- Well-developed influencing and negotiating skills
- Well-developed business management skills and understanding of delivering an excellent customer-based service in a property organisation with both tenants and customers
- Ability to lead, inspire, motivate and develop colleagues at all levels with a commitment to working with others to achieve the organisation’s strategic priorities
- Ability to produce clear, concise and well-written reports by interpreting information, carrying out research, analysing complex data, making sound judgements, appraising performance and managing risk
- A confident, independent, energetic and visible leader and effective decision maker
- A capacity to deliver results to tight deadlines and under pressure
Millennium Point is a hub for STEM education, technology and learning in the heart of Birmingham city centre’s Eastside district. Owned by the charity Millennium Point Trust and managed by the operational division Millennium Point Property Limited, the building is a hive of activity, welcoming over one million visitors each year. July has seen Millennium Point enter a new chapter of development, opening the doors to CONNECT, Birmingham’s newest events and conference suite.
Unsuccessful candidates will not be contacted. No agencies please.