Our client, a financial services organisation experiencing exciting growth both organically and through acquisition, seeks a Management Accountant to strengthen its expanding team.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Reporting, the Management Accountant will coordinate the production off the monthly financial management information, liaising with other members of the head office team and the operational finance team outside London. In addition, you will work with the Finance Director to produce the cost budgets for the corporate planning process as well as cost reporting for budget holders, ExCo and the Board.
In addition to reporting, you will assist in streamlining the processes used to generate MI and help improve the accuracy of information.
This is a high-profile, true business partnering role requiring excellent interpersonal skills and strong management accounting skills.
Due to growth and the desire to invest in people, offers great opportunities for further development.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant ideally with post qualification experience gained in a business partnering role in banking or capital markets in the UK. Individuals from a top-tier accounting firm with experience of having audited banking or mortgage clients will be considered on merit.
Whilst based in the City, regular travel to other operational sites will be expected, especially in the first 6 months.
Skills / Experience / Attributes
- Qualified accountant - ACA, CA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Experience of preparing financial management information in financial services preferred - Top 10 financial services audit experience may be considered on merit
- Ideally experience of financial reporting under IFRS
- An understanding of or experience in the mortgage or lending industry would be an advantage
- A true business partnering approach and a 'can do' attitude
- Excellent report writing and analytical skills
- Strong IT skills, especially Excel