Harper May is currently working with an outstanding £100 million turnover publishing house based in one of the most fashionable postcodes of east London. My client is steeped in history, having published some of the most famous books of the last 150 years, and continues to be a world leader in publishing books in the fields of both fact and fiction, education whilst also working in the b2b arena. As well as their esteemed status in the publishing world, my client's position has also been solidified by their highly acquisitive nature, which is shown through their acquisitions of over 15 different business' in the last 10 years.
This publisher is currently looking for a Management Accountant to join their lavish office in one of the city's oldest buildings and contribute to the furthered success of the company and their vibrant working environment.
- Producing monthly management accountants for the Finance Manager to review
- Working extensively on the annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Developing key relationships with stakeholders and heads of other departments through business partnering
- Assisting with the production of annual statutory accounts and the year-end audit
- Assisting with acquisitions through performing due diligence of business and analyzing their profitability
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Overseeing an accounts assistant
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified or finalist
- Previous experience in the publishing or media sector highly desired
- Educated to degree level in a finance or math's based subject
- Fantastic communication skills due to the business partnering aspects of the role
- Ambitious attitude and positive outlook
- High levels of commercial awareness and knowledge of the industry