RattrayParkin are recruiting exclusively for a Financial Accountant to join a growing and fast-paced business based in Milton Keynes.
Bridge Leisure Parks own and help manage holiday parks within the UK through Bridge Leisure Management.
They work with holiday park owners and managers to help increase caravan and holiday sales, improve margins and get control of costs.
The business has grown to £20m and is currently supported by Private Equity Partners.
The property portfolio has grown recently to 8 parks with more planned acquisitions.
Due to this impressive continued growth, the business is recruiting for a Financial Accountant to help support the FC, FD and existing finance team.
- Production of monthly management accounts for multi-sites
- Full balance sheet reconciliation packages for parks;
- To be prepared before P&L for the month is reported
- Preparation of increasing number of Park P&L's
- Review of relevant P&L's and investigate causes of large variances to budget / forecast
- Assist with the preparation of monthly accounts for Head Office function including:
- Posting of invoices and journals
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of relevant payment runs
- Analyse monthly results compared to budget and prepare commentary for variances
- To assist with the preparation of the monthly MI Pack for board
- General review of current practices to identify ways to improve and speed up the month end process
- Statutory accounts and tax computation production for all group companies
- Integration of accounting function into acquisitions
- Liaising with the FC to reduce the number of days it takes to complete the monthly management accounts
The role will offer a broad mix of management and financial accounting, as well as commercial and operational exposure. You will work closely with two senior managers and report to the FC and FD.
The sort of person that we are looking for will have:
- Strong technical skills within both MA and FA (MA can be given)
- Ideally ACA/ACCA/ACMA (or very nearly qualified)
- Comfortable with audit and tax work
- Sociable and comfortable in a relaxed working environment
- Desire to improve and add value
- Ability to think out of the box and not be scared to make suggestions
- Capable of liaising with a small team
You may be Practice trained, newly qualified and seeking a move to industry or you may be working in industry and seeking that next step up. This role is an ideal stepping stone for someone who wants to progress their career. We want someone with technical skills but also a personality and ability to work as a Finance Business Partner and engage with the wider business units.
The business is growing, it is an exciting place to be and can offer a lot of personal development.