EMEA Indirect Tax Specialist – International Video Gaming Company
c. £65K + Bonus & Benefits
A newly created role in a successful US owned company growing quickly in EMEA. In a complex and constantly changing business, the aim is to ensure that compliance and related filing responsibilities are met and that advice is provided on planned changes and developments in tax regimes. This opportunity will appeal to an Indirect Tax Specialist with European experience who is looking for a new challenge in a vibrant business.
Our client is an award-winning creator and publisher of interactive entertainment for a range of gaming consoles, PC’s, mobile devices and online gaming. The business is US owned and controlled and is now firmly established as a global leader in the games industry. It has been operating in Europe since 2008, initially with sales and marketing offices in the UK followed by the opening of operations in Germany, France, the Netherlands and Australia. In addition, there is a distribution network to meet demand in other countries. With a regular stream of updated games and new releases from studios around the world, the business is becoming increasingly complex and challenging.
Reporting to the European Finance Director and with a dotted line responsibility to the Director Global Tax in the US, you will have overall responsibility for the timely and accurate filing of all VAT and Indirect tax returns for the European jurisdictions in which the company operates. In addition, as the subject matter expert for the region regarding all indirect taxes, you will also provide advice as required to the finance and management teams. Specific responsibilities include:
- Preparation and filing of all VAT and Indirect Tax returns in all European operations
- Working with the local finance teams and outside tax consultants to compile, analyse, and review financial information used to prepare corporate revenue tax provisions for the consolidated international operation.
- Communicating with the U.S. corporate tax team to ensure that international consolidated tax provision data is provided in line with the timetable for preparation of worldwide U.S. GAAP based income tax provision.
- Responding to tax audits and other regulatory examinations in conjunction U.S. corporate tax team and local finance teams
- Evaluating new tax laws and practices and providing advice on actions required and any changes to policies
- Working with U.S. corporate tax team, local finance teams, and outside tax consultants on a range of ad hoc tax related projects
- The post is based in the London office and may involve the need to travel for short periods across the region.
We are looking for a qualified tax accountant with proven expertise in VAT and indirect tax internationally and in EMEA specifically. This could have been gained in a corporate tax department or in a professional accounting firm. Previous experience in media, entertainment or technology businesses would be a distinct advantage and exposure to working in a US owned matrix organisation is very useful. Computer literacy is a must and will include experience of working with various tax and accounting systems as well as proven Excel skills. Personal qualities will include the ability to work both independently and as part of a team and to take on complex task. This should be combined with a detail orientated approach and excellent analytical, organisational and project management skills. Our ideal candidate will be deadline driven and capable of prioritising tasks.