Group Financial Controller
£37,701 - £40,470 + Benefits
Huish is a nationally recognised ‘outstanding’ Sixth Form College assessed as being in good financial health by our funding body. We have a turnover of circa £10.5 with an overall student cohort approaching 2,500. Richard Huish Trust is a Multi-Academy Trust with a current turnover of £3.75M with plans to expand significantly over the next three years. We currently have one academy, The Taunton Academy, in the Trust. Financial health and pupil outcomes are both on an improving trajectory.
• Management of the College Finance Function that serves Richard Huish College and Richard Huish Trust, ensuring the provision of a high quality accountancy service with robust financial control.
- Statutory and financial accounts.
- Other statutory and regulatory returns relating to the Finance Department.
- Assist with the preparation of business plans, financial forecasts and the annual budget.
- Monthly management accounts and associated management information across the College.
- Monthly budgetary control and support to budget holders.
- Assist with capital project appraisal, and maintenance and control of the fixed asset register.
- Cash control, forecasting and treasury services.
- Maintenance of robust financial controls.
- Maintenance and control of delegated responsibility limits.
- Sales ledger.
- Purchase ledger.
- Tax requirements, particularly VAT and CIS.
- Any other compliance requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
- You will hold a CCAB recognised qualification preferably with three years post qualification experience
- You will have a proven track record of producing monthly management accounts and annual financial statements to a high standard
- We are developing our finance business partner role at Huish, consequently excellent communication skills are essential
- You will have high level Excel skills and be proficient in the use of IT based finance systems
- You must be able to demonstrate excellent team leadership and management skills
- Up to 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Local Government Contributing Pension Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers: a flexible option to save money on childcare costs [vouchers purchased are exempt from tax and NI] through a monthly salary sacrifice scheme.
- Cycle Scheme: a scheme that enables staff to contribute to the cost of a bike through salary sacrifice.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted shopping and leisure vouchers
- Free eyesight tests and flu vaccinations.
- Active Huish
- Annual Health & Wellbeing events