Competitive + Excellent Benefits
We’re looking for someone seeking their first role as Financial Controller, to join our dynamic, high-growth and award-winning marketing tech company. This is RedEye’s first Financial Controller role (and likely your first Financial Controller role too!) to support our double-digit growth and the increasing requirement for the whole Finance team to act as business partners. We are looking for someone who is career and progression oriented to work with the FD in shaping this greenfield opportunity. We see the role becoming increasingly advanced given RedEye’s growth, so you must be eager to develop, take on more responsibility and be challenged.
As Financial Controller, you will be core to supporting RedEye in making financially sound business decisions and improving how the Finance team provides that service.
You will make sure our processes are efficient so we are able to add maximum value.
You will be a Business Partner supporting the breadth of RedEye - from the Board Room down to each division’s own growth plans and helping the Finance team to continually improve its processes and use of technology.
The role will directly enable the Finance Director to focus more heavily on business strategy.
The role will provide you with variety, challenge and the opportunity for career development into more complex Finance workstreams, having demonstrated how you can make a real commercial difference using your financial skills.
As well as career progression, we offer funded social activities throughout the year, on-site parking, an excellent pension scheme, BUPA health insurance after probation, 25 days holiday and your Birthday off!
As our Financial Controller, specifically you will:
- Establish the role from scratch by forming strong relationships with key individuals in RedEye to support them as a business partner and drive improvements e.g. through advancing our analysis on profitability or in analysing revenue trends.
- Assist the Finance Director in managing cashflow requirements and supplier payments during the month, with a view to increasing ownership over time, as part of development into a more experienced Financial Controller.
- Play an active role in updating and reviewing RedEye’s budget, re-forecasts and longer term financial plan.
- Support the Finance Director and other team members in strengthening key internal processes, including billing, purchasing and IT tools.
- Be responsible for briefing the Fiannce Director and CEO during the production of management accounts, getting their input as required.
- You will also take ownership of identifying process improvements and working with the rest of the team to implement process change.
- Lead the end-to-end process of the annual external audit, liaising with the Finance Director and others in RedEye for their involvement.
- Support the Finance Director in the preparation of the statutory accounts and tax computations, with a view to increasing ownership of this over time.
- Be a strong team player who can work either independently or collaboratively, to create and implement new elements of RedEye’s KPI reporting suite.
- Play an active role in mentoring and coaching the rest of the Finance team and enjoy fostering the development of others.
- Perform ad-hoc projects as required by the Finance Director or CEO
As part of getting to know the business and leading the maternity cover for the Finance Manager, you will:
- Be responsible for generating the management accounts and other monthly financial reports and investigating variances, implementing process improvements.
- Review all balance sheet reconciliations and be responsible for all month end journals with the support of the Accountant.
- Support the team in the completion of the March 2017 statutory audit as required
You will have:
- Achieved full qualification in CIMA Professional / ACCA – Essential.
- Degree education to 2.1 or equivalent work experience – Essential.
- Enjoy a fast-changing environment with requirements for continuous process improvement and new projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills, adept in communicating complex financial concepts to non-financial managers.
- Strong experience in generating management accounts and other financial analysis – Essential.
- Strong experience in Sage or equivalent – Essential.
- Strong experience in detailed financial analysis, often using Excel - Essential.
- At least intermediate IT skills, preferably advanced, particularly in the use of MS Excel – Essential.
- Experience in processing payroll - Useful.
- Pride in delivering accurate work and excellent attention to detail.