Assistant Accountant (Graduate)
£20,000-£22,000 + Benefits + Full Study Support Sponsorship
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a dynamic, independent developer and manufacturer of innovative and technologically advanced products for the global surgical and advanced wound care markets.
Our products, manufactured out of two sites in the UK, are sold in more than 70 countries via a network of multinational or regional partners and distributors, as well as via our own direct sales forces in the U.K., Germany, the Czech Republic and Russia. Established in 1991, we employ over 500 employees.
To support continued business growth, we are now looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant (Graduate) within the Finance team based at our modern offices at Winsford, Cheshire.
This full time rewarding & interesting role will report into the UK Finance Manager. We will be sponsoring studies towards a professional accountancy qualification, ideally CIMA.
- Support the preparation of the monthly management reports and forecasts.
- To provide financial information such as budget, statutory accounts and strategic plan information.
- Update cashflow template on a daily basis as well as assisting with month end forecast.
- Management of agreed cost centres, including monthly analysis during month end, providing,reports to Cost Centre owners on a regular basis and managing the Budget and Forecast process.
- Completion of month end activities in-line with the agreed checklist (including Oracle month end procedures).
- Support the credit control process and suggest amendments to bad debt provisions.
- Support purchase ledger activities as required.
- Review of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable ledgers.
- Provide support in payroll preparation and HRMC on line returns, VAT and intrastat returns and cash received postings.
- Provide information as necessary during the full year and half year audit process.
- Support completion of statutory accounts in line with UK GAAP / FRS101.
- Support the finance team, treasury and wider business where required.
- Provide cover to other Group entities when required.
The ideal candidate will have:-
- Be educated to degree standard (finance/business orientation).
- Strong numeracy and technical skills.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to a deadline.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards and tax issues.
- Strong systems skills (Excel, Access, BI, ERP).
- Competitive basic salary
- Bonus scheme
- Generous contributory company pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holiday scheme