Finance Manager UK and Benelux – International Video Game Developer and Publisher
c. £70K + Bonus & Benefits
This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated accounting professional to join an internationally acclaimed US video game company and play a vital part in its continuing international success. In a rapidly changing market, the challenge is to manage the finances of the UK and Benelux business units, to support the European Financial Controller in producing timely and accurate statutory and management accounts and to act as the subject expert for the Oracle ERP and other reporting systems.
Our client is an award-winning creator and publisher of interactive entertainment for a range of gaming consoles, PC’s, mobile devices and online gaming. The business is US owned and controlled and is now firmly established as a global leader in the games industry. It has been operating in Europe since 2008, initially with sales and marketing offices in the UK followed by the opening of operations in Germany, France, the Netherlands and Australia. In addition, there is a distribution network to meet demand in other countries. With a regular stream of updated games and new releases from studios around the world, the business is becoming increasingly complex and challenging.
Reporting directly to the London based European Financial Controller, the job holder has a varied role with key responsibility areas including:
- Managing the accounting and reporting requirements of the UK and Benelux business units and helping their management teams identify and address any issues
- Working closely with the European Financial Controller and Finance Director to produce consolidated statutory and management accounts for all international operations to include: ongoing summary cash flow position, profitability by project, cumulative performance measurement and overall profitability performance as required by the US parent
- Overseeing the analysis of costs, expenses and purchase ordering
- Acting as the subject expert for Oracle ERP and other reporting systems and continually reviewing and streamlining reporting processes
- Assisting in the preparation of annual budgets and the establishment of key financial metrics
- Day to day management of a small finance team
The successful Finance Manager candidate will be a qualified accountant with in depth experience in all aspects of financial and management accounting in a significant commercial enterprise. Systems skills are important and should include recent experience with integrated accounting and reporting software, ideally Oracle. In addition, experience in inventory accounting, project costing and strong Excel skills are required. The ability to manage and motivate a small accounting team and to coordinate accounting responsibilities is also required. Knowledge of one or more of the video game, media/entertainment or technology sectors is beneficial but not a prerequisite. Familiarity with International Accounting Standards and experience of working with a US parent company in an international environment is another distinct plus. Additionally, applicants should have worked in organisations experiencing rapid growth and change. On a personal level, we need someone who can fit quickly into a small, close knit team of professionals and who shares their strong work ethic, hands-on approach and focus on quality. The environment is one that will reward energy, drive and conviction. Excellent communication skills are vital.