Telford, West Midlands
Salary Dependent on Experience
Founded in 1967, the Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust Ltd is a registered charity whose twin aims are education and heritage conservation. The Trust is one of the largest independent museums in the world and is widely recognised as one of the most innovative and entrepreneurial museums in the UK.
Reporting to: Director of Finance & Resources
Functions: To manage the day to day financial function of the Museum and its subsidiaries.
- To maintain accurate financial records for the Museum, its subsidiaries and the Development Trust, including payroll and VAT in accordance with appropriate or prescribed accounting policies.
- To produce monthly management accounts in a timely and accurate manner as agreed with the Director of Finance.
- To prepare year-end statutory accounts for the Museum, its subsidiaries and the Development Trust in accordance with the timetable and as agreed with the Director of Finance.
- To prepare monthly VAT returns and all necessary statutory payroll returns in a timely and accurate manner.
- To prepare annual or other periodic budgets and forecasts in accordance with the policies agreed by the Board and under the direction of the Director of Finance.
- To work with the Director of Finance & Resources to develop and maintain appropriate systems for the monitoring and control of income and capital and revenue expenditure.
- To work and advise on such financial projects as directed by the Director of Finance.
- To coordinate and oversee the bimonthly stock-takes and provide analysis to the Director of Finance in a timely manner.
- To work with the Director of Finance to liaise with the auditors of the Museum.
- To ensure the receipt or recovery of all money due to the Museum and to ensure that all payments made by the Museum are in accordance with the Museum policy.
- To ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed in a timely & accurate manner.
- To manage the Finance Department staff including their professional training, development and welfare.
- To provide ad hoc financial analysis and to support to the Director of Finance.
- To play an active role as a member of the Museum Management Team.
Line management responsibility for:
- Accounts Office Manager
- Recognised financial qualification e.g. ACCA, CIMA or qualified by experience
- Experience of financial management
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work successfully with a wide range of people
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of staff management
- Ability to work as a team member
- Good ICT skills
- Full driving licence
- Experience of working with or for charitable trusts