£35,000 per annum
Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm. 37.5 hrs.
Established for over 35 years and now one of the North West’s leading multi award winning Engineering companies, WEC Group Ltd is looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Financial Accountant to join our busy Finance team based in Darwen, Lancashire.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and motivated Financial Accountant, who wishes to progress within a dynamic and rapidly expanding engineering firm.
As part of the Head Office Finance Team, to ensure that sound Financial Accounting disciplines are implemented and maintained, ledgers & books of account are accurate, cash is properly recorded and controlled and payroll disciplines are strictly maintained. Position is key in driving period end reporting to high quality and deadlines.
- Manage general accounts office personnel to provide a professional and efficient service underpinning validity of ledgers, records, cash & banks and general internal control environment.
- Lead monthly and annual closing processes to consistently achieve departmental deadlines. Ensure reliable, accurate and timely closings.
- Manage Accounts Payable to ensure efficient processes and prompt settlement of vendor accounts.
- Manage Accounts Receivable to ensure efficient processes and good link with Credit Control.
- Manage Cash Books, daily bank reconciliation process and petty cash.
- Ensure internal control environment is strong and well documented.
- Ensure full balance sheet reconciliation on a monthly basis as part of closing routines.
- Monthly standard and other journal entries, including accruals & prepayments.
- Control Fixed Assets, plant registers, depreciation and capital expenditures, including monthly reporting.
- Manage system to ensure intercompany balances are reconciled each month and settled promptly.
- Ensure business meets its obligations relating to VAT, Intrastat and EC Sales reporting.
- Ensure business meets its obligations relating to corporate and payroll taxes. Point of contact with HMRC.
- Involvement in Payroll function vis a vis timely and accurate payment of wages & salaries.
- Ensure processing of payroll journals, reconciliation of all relevant control accounts and settlement of external payroll liabilities.
- Ensure completion and submission of P11D, PSA, Class 1ANIC and other benefit information.
- Help to lead annual Audit process. Point of contact to auditors. Preparation of annual audit files. Input to preparation of annual Statutory Accounts.
- Preparation of monthly Central cost centre reports & accounts.
- Direct involvement in banking relationships, including daily payment processing.
- Various ad-hoc reports & returns to Office for National Statistics.
- Master the IT system, chart of accounts development, etc.
- Staff mentoring, training & development.
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting, as required.
- Deputise for Financial Director as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A technically and analytically strong accountant with a confident approach and attention to detail
- Commercially aware
- Sound financial ethics
- Self motivated, energetic, positive & flexible
- Down to earth personality
- Deadline oriented, able to work under pressure
- Strong communicator and team player
- A mindset of continuous improvement of processes & efficiencies
- Constantly seeks out improved ways of working
- Good problem solver
- Experience in manufacturing, engineering or similar
- Experience of change management
- Microsoft Office
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Free car parking
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company Pension
- Employee Benefit Loan Scheme
- Healthcare & Wellbeing Cashback Scheme