About Our Client
Arden University's vision is to make Higher Education more accessible, engaging and beneficial to people everywhere. Securing taught degree-awarding powers and its recently earned university status has reiterated Arden's position as a progressive organisation with plans to disrupt the HE sector through innovation. Originally founded in 1990 with more than 27 years of HE experience, Arden supports circa 5,500 online students, over 50% of whom are overseas, and a growing number of blended learning students at its study centres in the UK and abroad. Arden University's academic quality is assured by the Quality Assurance Agency for England (QAA) and its reports have been exemplary for many years. Arden University is challenging the norms of the traditional HE sector and is growing.
You will report into the Vice Chancellor & CEO and be a key member of the executive team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the CEO in strategic planning and decision making that ensures a long term sustainable margin business
- Leading the development and implementation of the annual business plan
- Taking ownership for group wide financial leadership and support for the financial strategy across all departments, challenging assumptions and decision making as appropriate
- Involvement with any mergers and acquisition activity
- Providing effective and timely financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers to the Board, Executive, and Senior Management Team
- Managing legal services and commercial risk controls to ensure ongoing business sustainability and future viability
- Leading the accurate and timely completion of all statutory related requirements ensuring compliance at all times including IFRS reporting
- Managing all ongoing property and facilities functions with support from the Group
This is a critical hire for Arden University. It offers the chance to influence at the highest level and play a key role in the ongoing growth and success of the organisation.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a graduate calibre qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a track record of success in senior leadership roles. Sector experience is not critical, though exposure to the education sector, particularly privately owned higher education providers, would be advantageous. Prior experience of working in a multi-territory environment would also be a
Candidates should have the following characteristics:
- The ability to establish and develop productive relationships and clearly communication ideas and information to all levels of people both internal and external to the company
- Enthusiasm and passion for delivering excellent customer service and business growth
- Ability to collaborate with others to achieve agreed objectives
- Genuine desire to develop self and others
- Driving and encouraging the practice of continuous improvement and organisational change; positively mbraces change and new ideas
- Focus on the long-term vision of the business, aware of the impact of external factors and the need to look beyond the day-to-day
- Planning, organising and prioritising effectively to deliver business objectives. Meets deadlines, monitors activities and manages resources well
- Taking personal responsibility for problems and their solutions; uses sound judgement in arriving at prompt decisions that spur action
The role offers a fantastic opportunity for someone wanting to make a difference in an international, dynamic, growing organisation that makes a real difference to the lives of its students.
What's on Offer
£ to attract the best
Ref Code: MPGW13881201Z