Divisional Finance Director
c£100,000 + Exceptional Benefits
One of Europe’s largest sector specialists, this Group provides services to millions of consumers on a weekly basis. As a market leading division within the Group, this business has a successful track record of winning new business within a fast moving and highly competitive market. It continues to maximise returns on its legacy business whilst also investing in new and exciting cutting edge ventures.
To enable the business to continue this growth through effective transformation and strengthening of the management team, it is now seeking to appoint a highly talented Operational Finance Director.
Reporting to the Divisional Managing Director and providing close analytical and business partnering support to the operational and commercial functions, the role includes:
- Acting as a trusted business partner to the Divisional Managing Director, taking a lead role in the management of the business unit, supporting and challenging commercial and operational decision-making
- Ensuring the execution of divisional strategy and delivering increased financial support via the clear translation of financial insight and recommendations into operational business performance and development
- Working closely with business heads, evaluating activities and identifying areas for improved profitability and reduction of overheads
- Partnering effectively with senior stakeholders supporting new market evaluation and the development of long term business plans
- Leading a small team, managing and overseeing financial and management reporting, budgeting & forecasting – creating simple, effective and accurate value adding management reporting
As a qualified accountant ya high degree of intellectual horsepower and emotional intelligence, you will be skilled at building cross-functional stakeholder relationships and partnering operational senior management. You will have in-depth financial analysis skills, be adept at presenting insightful reports for a non-finance audience and have a hands-on and down to earth approach.
Sector experience is not necessary however the ability to bring genuine value add through insightful business partnering of senior non-financial stake holders in this fast paced environment is a prerequisite.