Management Accountant- National Security Consolidation
This role holds responsibility for the consolidation of Financial Reports for both UK National Security and International Government Accounts, with combined annual revenues of £200m+. This may include (but is not limited to) Forecasting, Month End Results, Working Capital, & Project Reports.
You will need to work closely with Business Partners in both Accounts, as well as understanding the key factors that influence business performance from Orders to profit and cash generation. You will be able to assess and quantify risks & opportunities associated with Financial Forecasts.
You will be involved in discussions with varied stakeholders, a key player in supporting the decision making process, and continually challenging the status quo to drive improvements & efficiencies. Comfortable with bringing a level of gravitas to dealing with ambiguity, focused on business outcomes whilst consistently delivering on business obligations. Adapting to cultural and relational considerations, you will lead development and maintenance of good, trusted stakeholder relationships.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with the Business Partners to help drive business performance. Improve the impact and understanding of financial KPI’s to business outcomes ensuring high quality financial decisions are taken.
- Effectively share external industry perspectives and good practice to help deliver measurable improvements in the approach to decision making, value for money and risk management.
- Provide objective financial advice and opinions that positively impact the future choices available to the business.
- Identify and drive financial efficiency with senior management ensuring that resources are allocated effectively with rigorous pressure on costs and commitment to a value for money approach.
- Challenge business development activities in terms of alignment to business strategy, realism of opportunities and associated investment and the likelihood and level of financial returns versus risk.
- Proactive approach with risks and opportunities on financial ownership for the planning, forecasting and management of revenues and cost.
- The development of colleagues in core finance skills, whether within the function or outside, to ensure appropriate practices are followed, shaping the finance function of the future.
- Ensure that the area under your control operate an appropriate and effective set of financial controls and ensure the overall integrity of the accounts in line with good accounting practice.
What we’re looking for
- Strategy level / Newly Qualified Accountant
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Experience in driving cost savings and margin improvement
- High attention to detail
- Experience of working across cultures and time zones (desirable)
- Record of implementing and maintaining robust financial controls
- Experience of working to tight timescales and consistently meeting deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a cross function team and at various seniority levels in the organisation
Security Clearance is required for this vacancy. If you are not currently Security Cleared, you will need to be eligible for this and willing to go through the process.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We'll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you'll be much more than just a job title; you'll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Division Overview: Functions
Be the power behind our business - Our Corporate Functions keep us growing from strength to strength.