Finance Project Manager
Finance Project Manager
About the Role
Bring your advanced financial knowledge to Sony and we’ll help you to accelerate your career in a complex, exciting environment where business never stands still.
Reporting to the Head of Change Management and Planning within the Sony Global Finance and Accounting organization, this influential role will expose you to many different elements of Sony’s business. Heavily involved in the budget and reporting process of actual results for all European branches, you will also play a key role on global accounting projects.
You’ll also constantly be helping us to improve our systems and process. If that weren’t challenge enough, there’s so much scope at Sony to diversify and develop in future.
• Conduct analytical activities related to performance, cost, headcount and service level agreements
• Responsible for the timely and accurate monthly close of cost accounts
• Responsibility for financial costs associated within SGFA including outsource providers
• Insightful and timely actuals, plan and forecast information provided to the management team
• Liaise with the finance & accounting leadership to set budgets and monitor forecast performance to ensure adherence to financial targets
• Manage and deliver finance reporting
• Conduct on a regular basis assessments on efficiency and effectiveness of the operation in terms of HC, cost and performance
• Proactive approach to enable to wider management team to reach the overall department objectives and the individual department targets.
• Host the performance review meetings, take the minutes, follow-up on the actions in adherence to agreed timelines
• Preparation of ad-hoc presentation materials in the most appropriate format to various stakeholders
• Establish global KPI framework and conduct benchmarking exercises on a regular basis to ensure consistent performance measurement of finance and accounting activities is applied globally
Finance Organisations and Business Case Assessment:
• Establish effective DoA for global finance & accounting and manage relevant approval flows
• Support Head of Change Management & planning in evaluating outsourcer service cost against internal and external benchmark
• Support outsource charging review / contract negotiation / potential supplier change for outsourced finance & accounting activities
• Lead and support entities in their transformation of finance & accounting organisations to get them aligned to the global process model and global ways of working
• Establish framework to review and evaluate the entity specific business cases related to the global changes
• Establish global charging scheme of finance & accounting services
• You are of a graduate caliber with relevant finance and controlling experience ideally in a large, complex and multi-cultural business
• You will bring us excellent understanding of core financial areas such as financial planning and reporting. Experience of third party agreements will be expected, also the ability to work in a global, virtual environment.
• You will be expected to coach and mentor junior members of the team
• High proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential
You will be able to travel within Europe 10% of your time