About Our Client
Based in Hammersmith, Cult Wines offers private clients the chance to invest in fine wines. With over 2000 private clients in 66 countries they continue to grow in a market worth $5 billion dollars.
To date, Cult Wines has returned investors double digit returns on investment and continues to invest in new technologies to provide up to date information to clients on their portfolio.
The business employs 28 staff in their brand new London office and 5 in their Hong Kong office that was opened in May 2016. Cult Wines China is due to launch in Q1 of 2018.
Turnover for the year 2016/2017 year was £34 million representing growth of 70% on previous year. This remarkable growth looks set to continue with sales forecasts of £55 million for 2018.
The key responsibilities of the Finance Controller will be, but are not limited to;
- Production of consolidated group monthly management accounts with variance analysis;
- Assisting in the production of the monthly MI pack;
- Assisting in the annual budget process, quarterly forecasting and monitoring of overheads to budget; and
- Ad hoc support as and when required for FD & senior management.
- Managing and developing the processing teams
- Bank reconciliations across multi-currency accounts;
- Monitoring, booking and accounting for FX forward contracts;
- Involved in developing and testing 'accounts' section of a bespoke stock management/sales system;
The Finance Controller will work closely with the processing team and support the Finance Director to build an effective finance team capable of dealing with further increase in activity.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Finance Controller position will have experience of wine investment and be able to pick things up quickly to manage multiple tasks at any one time. They will also have the following attributes:
- Qualified accountant
- Ability to meet deadlines efficiently
- Multicurrency accounting
- Experience managing and mentoring a finance team including AP and AR
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Previous experience of working with a sales team
- Ability to pick things up quickly;
- Has worked in fast-paced, dynamic and challenging environments;
What's on Offer
The role of Financial Controller comes with a competitive package and bonus
Ref Code: MPGW13889621Z