Based in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, our client is a recognisable, rapidly expanding company looking for a Finance Manager to head up a small dedicated team to support a specific area of the business.
This job would suit a Qualified Accountant (ACCA or ACA) with strong technical skills gained in a reporting role. The job will involve managing and motivating a team of 6 as well as being responsible for the timely completion of Client asset reconciliations including custody asset and client money and related monitoring and control processes.
This company is one of the nation's most successful businesses in their field. The company is committed to developing their staff and creating opportunities to support the careers of their employees.
The successful individual will have a qualified Accountant (ACCA or ACA) ideally with a practice background and a strong academic history. The proven ability to manage and motive a team is essential coupled with a good eye for detail, the ability to problem solve and deliver results in a timely period. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are vital.
Duties will include:
- Responsible for the operational compliance for reconciliations
- Supporting the creation of regulatory reporting and the production of MI
- Maintenance and monitoring of internal controls/ sign-offs
- Contribute towards departmental and company-wide projects when required in ensuring the ongoing compliance
- Maintain an efficiently run team, providing and identifying necessary training and support, and ensuring appropriate cross training is in place to enable the team to carry out their roles effectively
- Ensure daily reconciliations, client money and cashbook are completed accurately and timely, meeting relevant rule requirements with reconciling items resolved promptly
- Producing meaningful management information about team performance for escalation to, and discussion with next level line manager
- Ensure that company and regulatory standards are adhered to and procedures within responsibility are updated regularly
- Continually seeking to improve processes and create more efficient working practices on the team
- Ensure effective controls and procedures to minimise the occurrence of regulatory breaches within responsibility and promptly review any breaches for process and control improvements
- Working with other areas to improve processes with a view of reducing reconciliation differences to improve quality and efficiency of reconciliations
- Ensure tax and levies in relation to trades are reconciled and paid away timely and accurately
- Ensure end of day banking process is carried out timely and accurately
- Ensure month end tasks are completed within required timeline
- Ensure Reconciliation team completes all tasks within their responsibilities accurately and timely
For more information about this role or any other Finance Manager jobs in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability