Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
EMEA Financial Planning & Analysis Senior Analyst
The Team: Morningstar`s Finance team is responsible for planning, forecasting and analysis of the company’s financial results. The team works collaboratively with our business groups to support them with timely and insightful information to make informed business decisions.
The Role: Morningstar’s European Finance group has an opening for a Senior Financial Analyst in its Financial Planning & Analysis team who acts as the primary contact with various internal business stakeholders. The position coordinates financial planning and analysis, budgeting, and reporting. In this role, you will also work closely with the business leaders and the global finance colleagues to ensure consistent reporting across the organization. In addition, you will gain extensive experience with financial systems and reporting, build relationships with senior management, and work on special projects as necessary. The EMEA Senior Financial Analyst reports to the European Finance Director but will work closely with the global Financial Planning & Analysis leadership. This position is based in our London office.
- Complete ownership of the financial planning, reporting and budgeting process for the EMEA region.
- Act as FP&A point of contact for the EMEA region and coordinate activities with Chicago FP&A team.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and provide support on special projects as needed.
- Assist in creating and maintaining internal financial reporting packages and materials for meetings. Present financial results to senior management on a monthly basis.
- Partner with our business group colleagues to help them gain better insight into their business. Identify and implement improvement in business processes.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams formed to address business process improvements in the financial planning & budgeted processes.
- Assist as needed with training new team members in EMEA; reviewing processes and transactions to ensure proper accounting, compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley controls, and Morningstar policies.
- Five to seven years of experience in a financial planning and analysis and/or accounting-related position with a bachelor’s degree; CA/CPA/MBA or other local designations preferred.
- Candidates should be excellent communicators, detail-oriented and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team player with demonstrated relationship building skills who will roll up his or her sleeves to get the job done.
- Solid Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills required; knowledge of Hyperion and Oracle preferred.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.