Based in Burton-on-Trent, DE14 2WB.
As a Senior Analyst, you’ll provide day to day decision support activities to the new centre of excellence overheads team and relevant finance business partners. You will support the first round of budgeting and forecasting as well as the management reporting and analysis for overheads across the business.
You’ll create ad hoc reports and commercial analysis to aid decision making using your critical thinking skill and attention to detail. Utilising your communication skills, you will build strong relationships within the Centre of Excellence and with the SSC, and collaborate to deliver high quality outputs.
It’s an exciting time to join IHG as we continue our journey of growth, we are looking for pioneers who can help shape the future of Finance Analytics at IHG and develop our newly created Centre of Excellence into a world leading, respected function in IHG Globally.
- Perform activities including budgeting and forecasting for P&L and system fund overheads; supporting reorganisations; management reporting; scenario planning and analysis; CAPEX forecasting and analysis.
- Produce standard and ad hoc reports, including variance analysis and relevant, insightful and accurate commentary.
- Conduct scenario analysis and modelling using data visualisation tools to support business decisions.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and support the delivery of improvements in processes, systems and procedures.
- Act as an escalation point for audit queries.
Our Ideal Candidate
You will be an experienced finance analyst with a general interest in the hospitality industry. You will be experienced in planning, budgeting and forecasting as well as the reporting processes.
In addition, you will have had exposure to project expenditure tracking and control, allocations and management of central costs, scenario analysis and modelling skills. You’ll be an advanced user of Oracle, Essbase, Reporting Tools, Excel, PowerPoint.
A critical thinker with the ability to connect and explain linkage between drivers and outputs you will understand the trading metrics and key drivers which impact operations revenue and cost.
Currently working towards a professional finance qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with a finance or business-related education
IHG is one of the biggest hotel companies in the world with a family of famous brands including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express® and Crowne Plaza®. All of our brands work together towards a goal to create Great Hotels Guests Love® by providing True Hospitality for everyone.
Why join IHG’s Finance Centre of Excellence?
- People are at the heart of everything we do.
- We’re dedicated to helping our people grow and achieve their full potential.
- We understand the importance of recognising, rewarding and developing our people.
- We are a diverse and inclusive employer; who celebrate difference.
- We’re multiple award winners for employment: Top Employer 2018 winner for the fourth year running and AON Hewitt’s best employer accreditation.
As a Senior Analyst at IHG, you enjoy a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support and hotel room discounts. We also have a free gym on site, a subsidised restaurant, Starbucks and games room.
IHG is an equal opportunities employer.
You must meet the legal requirements to apply for this job