Senior Financial Accountant
Birmingham, West Midlands
Primary Job Purpose
- Manage the month end process to ensure all deadlines are met and quality standards are upheld.
- Responsible for the production of the UK FRS 102 statutory accounts, with sign off from external auditors.
- Creation of journals with appropriate support and full understanding of posting, together with sufficient evidence attached and retained for verification purposes.
- Responsible for ensuring all US GAAP requirements are complied with.
- The Senior Financial Accountant will ensure the UK business fully understands the requirements of SOX and are able to comply with the agreed controls. Full responsibility for the SOX programme including management of the RACM (Risk & Control Matrix), updating of controls and training of all control owners.
- Direct responsibility for ensuring all pension related accounting items are dealt with correctly and in a timely manner for both the Defined Benefit and the Defined Contribution schemes. Liaising with the Company's pension advisors and the Pensions Manager to ensure all information is available in a timely manner.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- The Senior Financial Accountant will manage the Treasury team and ensure all of their tasks are completed in a timely manner to the appropriate standard.
- Review the UK Company accounts pre-submission with appropriate colleagues to ensure they are accurate. Review account reconciliations completed by the Shared Service Centre ensuring all outstanding points are cleared within Company policy timelines.
- Drive continuous improvement and the simplification and standardisation of business processes and communications. Identify and implement initiatives that reduce non-value added and repetitive aspects of accounting. Utilise systems, knowledge and resources effectively.
- Ensure all Internal Audit and SOX teams data requests are complied with in timely manner.
- Directly responsible for ensuring all property related items are dealt with correctly and in a timely manner, including regular meetings with the Company appointed external advisors.
Education & Experience required for the Senior Financial Accountant
- ACA/ACCA qualified in a "Big Four" audit practice.
- Degree (2:1 or above).
- Minimum of three years' experience in "Big Four" audit practice.
- Experience of auditing/working within large and complex international businesses.
- Experience of US and UK GAAP reporting.
- Previous experience of SAP and managing others desirable.