Our client is a fast growing, disruptive and vibrant PE backed Tech company who are transforming organisations through their unique and innovative solutions. Based in Birmingham, the business is at an exciting phase in its lifecycle with an impressive blue chip client roster and significant PE investment driving expansion at a phenomenal pace.
To support and facilitate this growth, the business is now looking to strengthen its senior management team by recruiting a high calibre Finance Director. Reporting into the CEO and working closely with the Private Equity stakeholder, you will be responsible for the leadership and management of Finance and will act as a forward thinking, key business advisor to the CEO and Board, challenging when required and supporting and executing both operationally and strategically.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Proactive management, development and ongoing motivation of the finance and back office teams, ensuring appropriate structures are in place to service the business, drive continuous improvement and efficiency and to facilitate effective and fast paced growth
- Investigating, challenging and ensuring the robustness of all financial controls, processes and systems identifying any risks or weaknesses, creating effective solutions and then implementing value adding change
- Creating simple, effective and accurate value adding management reporting for key internal stakeholders along with dashboard reports, providing interpretation and explanation of critical financial information
- Managing and overseeing financial and management reporting, budgeting & forecasting, annual accounts preparation, compliance, tax and company cash flow to agreed deadlines and with full analysis and insight, highlighting any areas of opportunity or concern
- Carrying out new business case appraisals and providing value adding commercial insight and support to facilitate effective business decision making
- Leading key ad hoc projects ensuring the that financial operations of the business meet the expectations of the CEO, Board and PE investors and that their vision and plans are successfully implemented
The successful candidate will be a technically strong and entrepreneurially minded qualified accountant with a demonstrable track record of working in a fast paced, team oriented and entrepreneurial environment. A confident and proactive self-starter, you will have exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and have the credibility and gravitas to challenge and push back.
Prior experience of managing, leading and successfully developing a finance team is essential. Equally as important are a "shirt sleeves" mentality, a willingness to get into the detail and a strong analytical, problem solving mind set. The successful candidate will enjoy creating and operating within a change oriented, commercial and truly collaborative environment.