Head of Technology Finance
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000
About Our Client
Oxford University Press (OUP) have an incredibly diverse publishing programme, which often surprises people who are expecting a traditional university press offering.
OUP publishes in many countries, in more than 40 languages, and in a variety of formats-print and digital.
The products cover an extremely broad academic and educational spectrum, and they aim to make their content available to their users in whichever format suits them best.
OUP publish for all audiences-from pre-school to secondary level school children; students to academics; general readers to researchers; individuals to institutions.
As a department of the University of Oxford our worldwide publishing furthers the University's objectives of excellence in scholarship, research, and education. OUP's main criteria when evaluating a new title for publication are its quality and whether it supports those aims of furthering education and disseminating knowledge.
Oxford University Press has recently undertaken a significant operating model change within its technology function. This has involved centralising the provision of certain activities, putting in place an out-source agreement for selected services and focussing on project delivery to help underpin wider business development objectives.
The Head of Technology Finance is responsible for provision of financial support to OUP's Global Technology function. In doing so they will lead the development of financial processes and reporting to support the new operating model.
Principal Accountabilities: -
- Manage presentation of results for Global Technology, supporting measurement of performance.
- Provide Business Partnering support to Global Technology areas to help evaluate options, improve processes, assist with resource planning and, for projects, ensure robust financial models are maintained for assessment and prioritisation.
- Be responsible for the development of financial budgeting and forecasting processes to enhance financial control and support to strategy development, scenario planning and decision making processes. Partner with management to ensure that forecasts/budgets reflect strategic planning/ direction.
- Own the relationship with operating divisions for provision of Global Technology
- financial data eg. cost allocations/ budget assumptions on a pro-active basis and through this help their understanding of technology spend.
- Lead the finance team in provision of financial support to Global Technology.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent).
- Proven experience of improving financial performance of business areas and driving change, via working in partnership with global management.
- Excellent analytical skills, budget/forecast modelling with the ability to interpret and analyze data to make informed and insightful business recommendations.
- Experience of building and maintaining effective working relationships with senior management. Excellent communication skills.
- Effective team manager, overseeing work of and developing teams.
- Supporting an internal technology function.
- Experience of technology project management methodologies and change programme best practice.
What's on Offer
Competitive + Car Allowance + Bonus + Pension
Ref Code: MPGW13911297Z