Looking to utilise your strong commercial understanding, analytical skills and experience? Costcutter Supermarkets Group has a fantastic role available within our Head Office in York.
Your role would be to support the Commercial Finance Managers in partnering the Trading team. It both supports and challenges the business through the creation of value adding insight and analysis.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Finance, this is a great opportunity to build on commercial experience, influencing decision making, cross functional working and exposure to senior management. You should be graduate calibre or part qualified (ACCA or CIMA) with a strong commercial background, gained either via an industry route (ideally Retail or FMCG sectors) or through an advisory function in a large professional services organisation.
Examples of the responsibilities for the Finance Analyst role:
- Preparation of Management Information; Produce accurate and insightful reporting packs, ad hoc analysis and scenario modelling to analyse category sales performance, margins and retrospective income to support and challenge the Trading team.
- Ongoing development of MI and analysis; Assist in the development of the new reporting suites, building Excel models, KPI packs.
- Support the production of quarterly forecasts; Assess variances in the P&L and capex versus previous forecasts and historical run rates.
- Support a strong financial control culture; Assist in embedding strong financial controls within the trading team and support with calculations and reconciliations where required.
- Proactive decision making; Provide the business with an understanding of the financial dynamics of issues, ensuring that key risks and opportunities are identified.
- Develop processes; Document current processes and identify how these can be adapted to be more efficient and robust, exploiting system developments.
The role suits a commercially-minded Finance Analyst or Analyst professional from outside of the financial sector, who is excited by the opportunity of joining a successful business at a pivotal time in its growth. For a dynamic and self-motivated individual, this role offers exceptional opportunities to develop stakeholder management and commercial finance experience in industry.
Our vision is simple; helping independent retailers to thrive.
Join us and you will be joining our values driven, fast paced business and become part of a friendly and dynamic culture. We work together, building strong relationships and embracing different styles. That way everyone can turn up as themselves.
Like innovating? So do we, we embrace change and believe we can always be better, in fact it’s one of Our Values!
Tell me more…
We have been championing independent retailers for over 30 years. Our Head Office remains in York and we have over 600 employees in Head Office and around the country.
We supply goods and services to independently-owned convenience stores across the UK and Republic of Ireland as well as to our company owned estate. These stores trade under a number of brands including Costcutter, Simply Fresh and Mace.