ACA / ACCA Client Manager
A rapidly growing accountancy practice is seeking to appoint an ACA / ACCA Client Accounts Manager who is looking for a new and exciting challenge in a friendly and forward-thinking firm of accountants.
This is an excellent opportunity that will offer you the chance to become an integral part of the team with increasing responsibilities to help to continue driving the firm forward.
With a strong focus on building and maintaining client relationships, this role will suit a driven Accounts Senior who has extensive experience of working in an accountancy practice environment and being responsible for managing your own portfolio of clients.
You will be working as part of a small, yet very successful team and will be responsible for business development and managing a portfolio of client work, including dealing with corporate and personal tax returns, and related accountancy work.
Responsibilities of the Accountant will include:
- Manage a portfolio of clients, which provides the opportunity to build relationships, understand clients' businesses and be responsible for delivery of compliance and ad hoc services for those clients. This will include management accounts and VAT, yearend accounts and tax work and responding to queries in year.
- Preparation and review of accounts for sole traders, partnerships and small limited companies
- Preparation and review of corporation and personal tax returns
- Preparation and review of VAT returns
- Developing our already significant use of cloud accounting products across a wider range of clients
- Responsible for managing your own daily workload
- Coach and develop junior members of the team.
To be considered for the Accountant role, you will be/have
- ACCA or ACA qualified
- You will have at least 3 - 4 years of experience specifically gained within an accounting firm environment, as an Accountant, or similar.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering excellent service to clients
- Ability to work on own initiative unsupervised
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Significant practical experience in the use of full double entry accounting systems
- Knowledge of CIS and Payroll is advantageous
- Excellent general IT skills, particularly Excel