Chief Finance Officer
c. £59,900 + Benefits
John Taylor Hospice in North Birmingham is at an exciting time in its development with a clear vision to improve End of Life care for our local population, working with colleagues on the End of Life Care Strategies for the City. We operate across the North, West and East of Birmingham and provide a wide range of End of Life Care Services to those populations and have strong partnerships with our commissioners and neighboring providers.
We are now looking to recruit a Chief Finance Officer who can engage at a senior level and shares our ambition, values and drive to take us forward, leading on our Finance and Information Technology functions. This position will be working closely with the Chief Executive, Senior Management Team and the Board of Trustees and provide strong professional leadership across the company as well as influencing external stakeholders on finance and contracting issues.
The CFO will be responsible for:
- Setting the strategic direction of the charity and developing the organisations' capacity to grow and take on more projects.
- As a service delivery organisation, you will be responsible for ensuring accurate pricing structures are in place.
- Overseeing a finance and IT team, you will take top level responsibility for the production of management and financial reporting and ensure the team continue to work to a high standard.
- Working closely with the fundraising and commercial income generation team, you will ensure grant and contract income is spent appropriately and contracts are being fulfilled.
- There will be a key focus on diversifying income streams over the next 12 months and you will play a key role in pushing this forward.
Who we are looking for:
- A fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior management role preferably in the public or charity sector.
- Someone who can see this organisation through a period of growth and change, can influence well with experience of managing organisational growth, able to support and engage people across the organisation in financial management best practice.
- Possess team management experience and a drive and ambition to lead change and influence people at all levels, in a clear, persuasive and tactful way.
- You will have skills to manage up and down the organisation and will be comfortable taking responsibility for the financial strategy and taking a key seat on the senior management team.
You will have the opportunity to work with an experienced and supportive Board and to develop your knowledge and skills within this area of healthcare. This post is suited for those individuals looking for their first Director role in a small but forward looking organisation and is a family friendly employer.