Highly Competitive + Benefits
Are you ready for a massive professional challenge?
Do you love learning how to build things from scratch while honing your Accounting skills? Are you looking for an accounting role experience that isn't like any other company? We are looking for exactly that kind of person.
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
At Groupon, Accounting isn’t your typical month-end close type of department. While the heart of our day-to-day work is providing financial information to the business, that’s only the tip of the iceberg. We’re building out financial systems to support every new business line and product, so our Accountants get a granular view and understanding of how a business is crafted from the ground up. The knowledge to gain is vast, as is the potential of our organization to continue growing.
As a Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for various financial and operational accounting aspects of the Groupon Goods Global European business. This is a “hands on” accounting role with interaction with different departments (Operations, Logistics, Finance, Corporate Accounting, Tax, and Treasury) across the European region of Goods.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You'll spend time on the following:
- You will play a key role in the month end close processes surrounding Groupon Goods Global
- Reconciliation of Inventory including monthly and quarterly physical inventory procedures, inventory reports received from third party warehouses as well as Groupon owned fulfilment centre
- Weekly roll forwards of inventory, by location, including receipts, fulfilments, adjustments, etc.
- Examination and booking of entries for Groupon Goods and external sales partners related activity
- Partner with various project managers, development and finance personnel in launching a variety of initiatives surrounding the further development of Groupon Goods, including automation and globalization.
- Assist with external and internal audit requests, including quarterly reviews and the year-end audit
- Booking of Liquidation Revenue for sale of Goods as well as any other inventory related receivables as they arise
- Engage with Finance and Tax departments by providing general ledger detail and analysis for financial performance.
- Assist management with Sarbanes-Oxley procedures, tax, and audit requests surrounding Groupon Goods
- Seek solutions for accounting problems before presenting issues to senior/manager
- Specific projects and other ad hoc assignments as required
We're excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 1-2 years accounting experience; Big 8 or Manufacturing/Retail industry experience a plus
- Sound understanding of US GAAP or IFRS and month-end processes preferred
- You're comfortable with MS Office, with Excel being your secret favorite
- You're a details person with a penchant for preparing meticulously accurate work
- You're enthusiastic, adaptable, and see challenges as an opportunity to grow
- You thrive in an often-times ambiguous environment
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer