An excellent opportunity has arisen within a boutique and high end homewares company for an ambitious Accounts Assistant to join their team on a permanent basis, in London City.
As the Accounts Assistant the role is broad and varied covering aspects of both accounts payable and accounts receivable. The role will include but not be limited to the following duties:
- Entering purchase order invoices, coding & posting overheads invoices to the purchase ledger
- Keeping purchase and sales ledgers tidy by running reports and allocating open items
- Allocation of customer receipts and creation of VAT receipts
- Managing supplier deposits and ensuring receipt of all VAT invoices
- Timely and efficient entry and maintenance of sales and purchase orders (ad hoc, or when covering for colleagues)
- Efficient and methodical filing of all necessary paperwork
- Matching, coding and processing company credit card receipts
- Assistance with stock accounting and reconciliation where required
The successful candidate MUST have experience of using Sage 200 or at the very least, used a version of Sage in the most recent position. It would be highly advantageous if candidates have had experience in retail or a stock based environment.
The role is working within a small finance team and such the role will suit someone who can work well as part of a team with minimal supervision. The role will offer some progression but is unlikely to be suitable for someone studying ACCA or CIMA. It would however be suited to an AAT studier.
Criteria will include but not be limited to the following duties:
- At least 3 years’ experience of the Accounting function within a SME
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Demonstrate excellent numeracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of prepayments
- Understanding of bookkeeping entries
- Support the Finance Manager with ad hoc tasks
- Demonstrate an ability to solve practical problems
- Interest in design/interiors and/or manufacturing a plus
- Able to commute easily into London on a daily basis
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.