Group Financial Accountant
Andrew Industries Ltd is a privately owned British multi-national manufacturing Group. Headquartered in the UK they manufacture from sites across the UK, North America, Mexico, China and Malaysia.
Andrew Industries Ltd was founded by Edward Worsley Andrew in 1896 and officially incorporated in 1924. The company began business in the north Lancashire town of Bury selling woven textiles to laundries.
Today the company has 3 divisions, BMP Engineering, Industrial Materials and Laundry Textiles, all market leaders in their fields. The Group manufacture and distribute a wide range of industrial consumable products to the business machine, appliance, automotive, laundry and offshore energy industries on a global basis.
The success and growth of Andrew Industries over the years has come about through natural organic growth and acquisitions. Globally they now employ over 900 people in 5 countries, with annual turnover in the region of £90m.
The Group’s headquarters are based in Altham, Accrington and are easily accessible from the M65 motorway.
Due to internal promotion they are looking to recruit a qualified or nearly qualified accountant to take up the position of Group Financial Accountant at the Group’s Head office. Reporting to the Group Finance Director, this is an exciting and varied role for the successful candidate. The main purpose of this role is to support and assist the Group Finance Director to ensure that all reporting, accounting and tax obligations across the Group are complied with in accordance with local requirements and Group policies.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly consolidated group management accounts
- Preparation of annual audited financial statements
- Preparation of annual group budget, working closely with the Group Finance Director and other stakeholders within the Group
- Assist in the management of:
- Group treasury matters
- UK and overseas taxation
- UK and global insurance
- Head office administration
- Acquisitions and divestments
- Liaising with subsidiary Finance Directors and Controllers on finance, accounting and tax matters
- Preparation of reports for Group and Divisional directors as required
- Ad-hoc assignments
NB: Global travel is required for this role, c 3-4 times per year
The successful candidate will be:
- A qualified accountant or nearly qualified (preferably ACA or ACCA, previous experience of working within manufacturing businesses is highly desirable but not essential)
- Technically strong in areas such as financial reporting, accounting, audit and tax
- Able to demonstrate a keen eye for detail
- Able to demonstrate excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and hit deadlines
- Able to demonstrate strong IT skills (preferable advanced Excel skills)
- Able to demonstrate previous experience of communicating and liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Willing to travel globally
For the successful candidate an excellent remuneration and benefits package is on offer, some of which are listed below
- Salary range £35,000 - £45,000 per annum dependent on the successful candidate’s experience
- 23 day’s holiday + statutory bank holidays – rising by 1 day after every 5 years’ service up to a maximum of 26 days
- Contributory pension scheme
- Hours of work, Monday – Friday 8.30am-5.00pm (1hour lunch break)
- Free parking
This is a perfect opportunity for an individual who is currently working in practice and wants to make their first move into industry but would also suit a second time mover with strong technical experience. However, all candidates who have the right experience are encouraged to apply and will be duly considered. This is an outstanding opportunity to work for a privately owned global business, which is at the forefront of its industry.
All direct applications will be forwarded to Jo Bennett Specialist Recruitment, whom is our recruitment partner for this piece of recruitment.