Babcock Education combines the best commercial practice with the values and principles of the public sector, working with schools, extended services, local authorities, colleges, settings, government departments and agencies to improve the life chances of children and young people. Our long term strategic partnerships enable learners, teachers and communities to fulfil their potential through world-class education.
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 250 business and is the UK’s leading engineering support services organisation.
Babcock Education is the largest integrated education support service provider in the UK.
Purpose of role
To prepare monthly management contract packs, produce KPI data and operational reports to support the business operational and finance teams as appropriate.
Key Technical Skills / competencies:
- Good financial reporting and costs analysis
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Able to interpret and explain financial data
Key Behavioural competencies:
- Flexible, with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Maintains focus, manages and delivers under pressure
- Experience of working both within a team and independently
- Highly motivated
- Understanding of and commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
Key Analytical Skills and Challenges / competencies:
- Numerically literate and able to understand and manipulate financial spreadsheets
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Good computer literacy
- Newly-Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience of Navision and SAP/BPC would be an advantage
- Willing to undertake occasional travel to other UK sites as required