Up to £38'000 Dependent on Experience + Benefits
Who are CAE Technologies Services?
CAE Technology Services are an IT infrastructure solutions provider with a turnover of circa £100m. Our role is to enable the adoption of relevant technology. We believe that successful adoption is a combination of technology, process and people. It is our Approach, People and Outcomes that differentiate us. We are a multi award winning Company including Cisco EMEAR Commercial Partner of the Year and Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200 for UK Exporters.
Key Purpose of the Payroll Manager:
To provide an accurate and timely payroll function which is managed in line with statutory and business requirements. Management of staff benefits and providing high quality advice on payroll related matters, responding to queries in a timely and professional manner.
Key Responsibilities of the Payroll Manager:
- To process all aspects of the payroll function, ensuring compliance with the latest relevant legislation, statutory filing deadlines, and reporting requirements for HMRC, auditors, Management, Finance and HR functions as appropriate.
- Management and processing of staff benefits including the pension, cycle to work, childcare voucher and BUPA cash plan schemes
- To maintain high levels of quality and service, ensuring prompt and accurate processing, payment, reporting and record keeping of payroll
- Reconcile payroll figures at tax year end (HMRC submission) and financial year end (statutory audit).
- Create the monthly BACS file for upload and reconcile it to the actual payment processed
- The ability to calculate statutory payments is important with a clear understanding of personal tax
- Processing and reconciliation of car allowances to vehicle lease costs and assisting with the P11d calculations
- Coordinating with the Finance team to manage deductions from pay and variable pay (commission) and communicating to staff
- To set up, update and manage efficient work systems and effective internal controls within the payroll function, ensuring that processing errors are minimised and changes are reflected accurately and promptly.
- Liaising closely with the HR department to ensure processes are followed in relation to remuneration and other changes
- To provide high quality advice on payroll-related matters and responding to queries as necessary.
Our Ideal Payroll Manager will have:
- An organised and methodical approach with a good eye for detail and strong analytical skills for comparing and reconciling data.
- Understanding of UK payroll related legislation and statutory requirements including PAYE and other deductions, and HMRC rules.
- Knowledge of basic employment law and Best practice.
- A level or equivalent, must have minimum GCSE grade B in Maths and English
- Payroll qualification desirable e.g. Payroll Technician Certificate or Foundation degree in Payroll Management
- Experience within a similar role.
- Excellent command of all MS Office applications particularly Excel to analyse data
Benefits for our Payroll Manager:
- 37.5 hours per week.
- 25 days annual leave accumulating with length of service, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Pension contribution.
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
If this Payroll Manager role sounds perfect for you, please apply below now!