Brand Addition is a global leader in the creative promotional merchandise arena and one of the largest promotional product suppliers in the world. Our reputation for quality, service and customer satisfaction is second to none and our impressive client list includes Google, Michelin, Estée Lauder, Exxon Mobil, L’Oreal and JCB to name a few. With annual sales in excess of £90 million Brand Addition employs over 350 people globally across Manchester, London, Germany, Ireland, Hong Kong, Shanghai and USA.
An opportunity has arisen for a Management Accountant to join the Brand Addition Finance team based in Manchester. This is a commercially focused role which will provide support to our Brand Addition team across all sites, with exposure to all aspects of the business.
Specific tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and issuing sales & margin financial data for the month end process, taking responsibility for follow up and resolution of the finance related action points arising during the monthly reviews of the figures. This task has a high weighting in this role.
- Responsibility for the P&L of an overseas entity, including preparation of the month end reconciliations
- Understand all aspects of the sales & margin for the clients that you are responsible for, including providing any trend analysis. Whilst making sure that the figures reconcile back to the finance system, you will also need a keen eye to spot any opportunities for improvements and be able to represent & support your findings in meetings with other departments.
- Responsibility for the preparation and review of the balance sheet reconciliations associated with the work you undertake, ensuring that a ‘pro-active’ approach is taken regarding the cleanliness of those reconciliations.
- Assist with the Monthly Management Reporting pack; P&L, balance sheet, key working capital indicators, order book and order intake
- Responsibility for making sure that account managers & directors have the relevant financial information they need to understand their margins, including aged stock, overdue debt.
- Build relationships with other departments to ensure the involvement of finance where necessary. Provide & be able to explain useful financial information to non-finance colleagues.
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts for overseas entity liaising with all parties to obtain relevant information.
- Liaison with auditors and tax advisors regarding the above statutory accounts.
- Assistance with annual Budgets and interim reforecasts, coordinating with other finance team members; to include management of this process ensuring required timescales and deadlines are communicated internally and adhered to
- Provide ad-hoc reporting directly to Brand Addition customers ensuring a high level of accuracy and professionalism in any data that is issued externally.
- Assist & drive the development required with IT to constantly improve the finance systems & reports used. This will include the development and integration of our in-house system & processes across other sites.
- Use existing skills, knowledge and experience to add value within the Finance department and across the business by suggesting improvements to processes and procedures, and where appropriate implementing those suggestions.
- Perform the role with a customer-focused outlook, always aware of who our internal customers are and striving to provide the best possible service to them
- Provide day-to-day assistance to staff on system and finance queries
What you’ll need:
- Have previous sales & margin experience.
- Ideal candidates will be part qualified as well as being confident and assertive with the ability to build rapport and effectively communicate with people at all levels. You will be determined to go the extra mile to achieve results.
- You must be able to work on your own as well as part of a busy team with the ability to maintain positive and supportive relationships with your finance & non-finance colleagues at all times.
- This is a hands-on role for a bright and numerate applicant and the position requires someone who is highly computer literate. Good systems knowledge is key as this role involves working closely with IT to develop finance systems & report building.
- Effective organisational ability and time management skills are crucial, and you must be able to work to tight deadlines.
- The role also requires that you will be expected to occasionally travel to our other offices.
- Language skills, particularly German, would be a benefit, but are not a requirement.
In return, we offer:
- A competitive salary, Pension, Sickness Benefit and Life Assurance.
- The opportunity to develop a long-term career as opposed to a job.
- A great place to work, in a modern, team focussed, forward thinking creative work environment.
Contact: Jo Chapman
Brand Addition is proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer