Assistant Management Accountant
Assistant Management Accountant – Bids / Pricing Specialist
Competitive + Benefits
The Assistant Management Accountant Role:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Part Qualified Accounting professional who is looking for a challenging role, one that will see them gaining a thorough Pre-Sales understanding. As Finance professional you wouldn’t normally get involved until later in a sales cycle, however this role is unique in that you will support the sales process ensuring financial viability throughout bidding / tendering for new business.
You will generate finance models based around the price to win which in turn will allow the sales team, with your assistance, to minimise financial risks. What’s more, this Assistant Management Accountant role supports our Global sales team, so it will provide you with a fantastic platform to gain International Finance experience, something not many people are able to add the their repertoire so early in their careers.
So in basic, you will support our sales teams in understanding a products breakdown of costs, look at return on investments and suggest improved pricings, generate finance models to identify and minimise risks, understand how costings can be effected by market trends and cost variances and take a lead role in ensuring new business won and tendered for, meets our financial expectations.
The scope of the Assistant Management Accountant role includes the following:
- Support of financial bid / pricing processes and governance across Applied Intelligence.
- Develop global sales finance reporting and analytics as well as providing key insights including the sales commission plan analytics.
- Provide analysis and modelling for differing pricing methodologies for AI products and services.
- Support to maintain and develop advanced financial models to model business performance across AI e.g. BCPM and BCF.
- Maintain reporting for significant and complex bids through the bid governance process.
- Provide support to the governance of financial costing and pricing models for major bids.
- Support of process improvements in the bid governance process.
- Ad-hoc analysis for business scenarios and business outcomes.
You will be an ambitious and driven individual with professional communications skills who is commercially astute and career focused. Your outgoing personality and approachable nature will help you to work as both a support and voice of reason to our sales and bidding teams as they look to win new business.
What we’re looking for:
- Part qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Financial modelling, IT and analytical skills.
- Experience of dealing with complex financial information.
- Experience of working across cultures and time zones.
- Excellent commercial acumen including an understanding of pricing strategies and cost recovery models.
- Experience of working to tight timescales and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross function team and at various seniority levels in the organisation.
This Assistant Management Accountant role plays a key part in our Bid teams and as such the Manager will commit to providing you with support and further training needed for you to be successful. They are looking for someone to join the team and grow their experience and in turn the manager will continually provide you with opportunities to learn and develop your career.