Group Financial Accountant
Group Financial Accountant
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£38,000 - £42,000 Per Annum
Brand Addition is a global leader in the creative promotional merchandise arena and one of the largest promotional product suppliers in the world. Our reputation for quality, service and customer satisfaction is second to none and our impressive client list includes Google, Michelin, Exxon Mobil, Unilever and JCB to name a few. With annual sales in excess of £90 million Brand Addition employs over 350 people globally across Manchester, London, Germany, Ireland, Hong Kong, Shanghai, and St. Louis, USA.
The Brand Addition business has grown geographically in recent years, both organically and through acquisition and now has sites in 8 locations across the globe and an ambitious growth plan. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the Brand Addition team in the role of Group Financial Accountant.
- Responsibility for the preparation and collation of the Monthly Group Board Papers (including offshoot Operating Board Papers) across the 6 main trading entities, incorporating; P&L, balance sheet and cashflow positions, and other key Group KPI’s. To include full management of this process ensuring required timescales and deadlines are adhered to and communicated internally.
- Responsibility for the monthly consolidation of the Group accounts.
- Responsibility for the final stages of the implementation and ongoing maintenance of the new Sage 300 Consolidation System, to ensure smooth integration and operation of this new system.
- Responsibility for monitoring ongoing Covenant compliance; reporting to the bank and ongoing reporting to the Board and investors as required.
- Ongoing book-keeping for all Group holding companies, including month end reconciliations to support Balance Sheet items.
- Responsibility for Group compliance with accounting standards and implementation of Group accounting policies across all subsidiaries.
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts for multiple UK and overseas entities (both individual and group consolidated), liaising with the Group companies to obtain all relevant information.
- Liaison with auditors and tax advisors regarding the above statutory accounts.
- Submission of Statutory filings for all group companies to relevant Tax Offices and Companies House (or equivalent), including liaison with external authorities.
- Responsibility for keeping Company Secretarial documentation up to date, providing a timescale for necessary compliance.
- Collation of annual Budgets and interim reforecasts, coordinating with other finance team members to achieve a consolidated Budget position; to include management of this process ensuring required timescales and deadlines are communicated internally and adhered to.
- Administration responsibilities for HSBCnet online user profiles (set up new starters, review and align access levels for existing users, adjust access levels for users as required)
- Perform an Internal Audit function on judgmental/ complex balance sheet areas as and when required e.g. customer rebates, stock valuations and ensuring procedures and approaches are aligned across the Group.
- Where necessary, producing, implementing and updating Financial control policies and procedures.
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Group Financial Controller and Group CFO on projects such as acquisitions, refinancing and tax.
- Use skills, knowledge and experience to add value within the Finance department and across the business, by suggesting improvements to processes and procedures, and where appropriate implementing those suggestions.
- Perform the role with a customer-focused outlook, always aware of who our internal customers are and striving to provide the best possible service to them
Group Financial Accountant Requirements:
- Ideal candidates will be ACA qualified as well as being confident and assertive with the ability to build rapport and effectively communicate with people at all levels.
- You will be determined to go the extra mile to achieve results.
- The position requires someone who is highly computer literate, with excellent Excel skills.
- Effective organizational ability and time management skills are crucial, and you must be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Teamwork is essential in this role, as you need to ensure colleagues across a number of sites and time zones hit required deadlines, therefore you must be team orientated and able to maintain positive and supportive relationships with your colleagues at all times.
- Previous experience in a fast moving finance environment is essential.
The Next Steps
Contact: Louisa Hesketh
We are an equal opportunities employer