Approximately £30,000 pa P/T + LGPS (Local Government Pension Scheme)
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust based in Nottingham and Derby with 16 Primary Schools, care of 6,000 pupils and 900 staff. Transform is a rapidly growing organisation that needs high quality like-minded staff who buy-into the mission to enrich children through education while ensuring a budget of £30m is financially well managed and controlled.
We are seeking a Senior Financial Accountant to help support that growth, likely to be professionally qualified and with a strong audit and reporting background. Working with other senior finance professionals, the Financial Accountant will manage the annual external audit process, lead the internal audit function, handle the internal monthly reporting process, and coordinate the external facing reporting required of a publicly funded £30m income body. Experience of PS Financials helpful, and MS Office essential.
Key Details of the Financial Accountant role:
- Responsible for all external financial reporting for Transform Trust, examples including Companies House, RSC, ESFA, DfE, NCTL, Diocese, other Grant providers. Reporting to include but not limited to annual statutory accounts, budgeting and forecast returns, estate & asbestos returns, and any other emerging requirements.
- Consolidation of monthly Trust accounts and pack production for Executive Team and Trustees.
- To operationally manage the external audit process across schools and to partner the external Audit Manager.
- To ensure Transform Financial Policy incorporates the latest updates to the Financial Academies Handbook, and is translated into appropriate control environments in each school and Trust Centre.
- To be the internal audit function for Transform Trust and to lead a programme of works designed to secure the control environments in each school and Trust Centre against the Transform Financial Policy. This may include systemic or spot check audits, and range beyond Finance to incorporate HR, governance and any other scope areas identified by the CFO. To present findings and observations internally and to Trustees of the Audit & Finance Committee.
- Responsible for operational banking services to Transform Trust and all its schools, and to support a Transform Treasury function with the aim of generating additional funds for Trust schools whilst continuing to provide a secure financial platform.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with VAT and Corporation Tax requirements in Trust and Traded Service activities.
- Reporting and accounting of SCA funding (estates) – both for internal and external parties.
- Legal support for future academy conversions
Benefits of the Financial Accountant role:
- Membership of Local Government Pension Scheme (defined benefit scheme)
- 27 days annual holiday (+8 bank holidays)
- Membership of the staff benefits scheme.
We are willing to consider both full or part time for the right candidate.
If this Financial Accountant role sounds right for you, apply now.
Apply for Financial Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly