A Financial Accountant Job in Chesterfield £30,000- £38,000
Your new company
You will join a small specialist team within a large national company. Your new company has an excellent reputation in its market and is continuously looking to improve their service to customers and internal processes.
Your new role
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will join a small team in which you will work alongside three colleagues specialising on a particular area of the business. As reflected in the salary and responsibilities, you will be more experienced and be able to complete more advanced tasks as required. You will complete all Assistant Management Accountant duties as per monthly routine as well as the following more analytical responsibilities:
- Income and Cost Analysis
- Financial reporting both internally and externally
- Support financial accounting functions with reports
- Continuously improve business reporting and develop reporting models
- Utilise Business Intelligence (BI) and report accordingly
- Produce accurate, high quality management reports
- Assess stock levels and stock valuations to produce high quality reports on fluctuations
- Probity reports on general ledger
- Respond in a timely manner to stock queries
- Maintain and update the SQL database
- Creating and developing BI reports for income and cost analysis
- Journals, Accruals and Prepayments, along with month end processes.
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally you will be part qualified/ qualified CIMA ACCA or ACA,
You should be commercially minded, driven to succeed, have thorough experience of SAP and Microsoft Excel, and ideally have experience with BI and LEAN processing. Furthermore you should also possess the skills to summarise data into usable information to make effective recommendations on through your analysis.
What you'll get in return
£30,000- £35,000 but will pay £38,000 for exceptional candidates
27 days holiday + Stats
Great pension scheme
Furthermore the 37 hour working week is subject to flexi-time, meaning you can start your working day at any time between 7am and 10am to suit your work-life balance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.