My client is a private oil business with a strong exploration portfolio.
Headquartered in London, they are now seeking the addition of a qualified accountant with prior oil and gas experience to join them as in an Operations Analysis capacity.
The role has a daily dealings with the Board as well as oversight of regional management reporting, ensuring local and corporate management receive high quality analytical support.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation of Consolidated Budgets and Forecasts for all Companies not completed in region, including all necessary consolidations.
- Oversight of regional budgets and forecasts, ensuring corporate standards are met, and providing advice to ensure compliance therewith.
- Preparation and presentation of consolidated management accounts from mixture of actuals, forecasts, and budgets.
- Provide timely and meaningful analysis to executive management. Thereby enabling early identification of opportunities and challenges, and promoting the capturing or resolution thereof.
- Liaise with Treasury to provide meaningful cashflow analysis. Ensure that cash vs accounting cashflow forecasts are aligned and reconciled, and are reviewed afterwards to seek understanding and improvement.
- Responsible for preparation and presentation of financial aspects of a risk register, including identification, analysis, and mitigation options.
- Fulfil systems administrator role for certain financial systems (e. SUN & iDocuments). Oversight of associated regional systems, and potential standardisation thereof.
- Corporate oversight of regional finance team.
- Ensure financial integrity & controls, and provide meaningful financial advice and support for operational activity and regional management.
- Ensure regional finance teams meet high level of Corporate standards, provide assistance and advice on all financial matters
To include oversight and assistance of:
- Planning and budgeting.
- PSC & JV negotiation, compliance and analysis thereof. Including identification and pursuit of key profit drivers.
- AFE process: creation, forecast, monitor performance, closure, & lookback.
- Accounting: Management and Financial reporting.
- P2P: financial aspects of contracting, payables, and treasury.
- Cashflow: Short & Long term forecasting, and lookback.
This is an exciting new role as they are moving through a period of growth so please do apply for more details.