£40,000 to £50,000 depending upon experience
Muse is one of the country's leading names in mixed-use development and urban regeneration – an award-winning national property developer with regional operations in Manchester, London, Leeds and Glasgow.
We transform the urban landscape through partnership working. Taking projects from initial agreement to completion, we create exceptional commercial, residential and mixed-use regeneration schemes. We work in close partnership with landowners, occupiers, local authorities, community groups, government agencies and private investors across the UK.
The finance team is an integral part of the business, working closely with the project teams to assess, optimise and manage the financial aspects of each development, and of the business as a whole.
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager, and focusing on a number of joint ventures and subsidiary companies, key tasks will include:
- Produce draft monthly management accounts (including any accruals/pre-payments) and a draft commentary.
- Preparing monthly financial information/postings.
- Preparing any half year/year-end adjustments.
- Review the accounts, ensuring transactions are accurately posted. Check sales/rental transactions postings, all control account and bank reconciliations.
- Maintain cost ledger reporting, liaising with the development team as appropriate and providing them with support on detailed financial analysis they require.
- Develop the first draft of the business plan and associated narrative.
- Update forecast models and liaise with the Development Team over the preparation of forecast submissions.
- Prepare the monthly VAT returns, submit to HMRC and deal with any queries.
- Review proposed supplier payment runs, checking coding and authorisation of each invoice for final agreement with the Commercial Finance Manager.
- Forecast the short term monthly cash requirement for bank debt rollover and partner loan purposes. Prepare any monthly funding drawdown and grant requests.
- Prepare periodic reports to the Public Sector Partners/Bank/Third Party funders in line with contractual commitments, to satisfy loan covenants.
- Prepare the year-end audit file and be key point of contact with auditors.
- Prepare the draft statutory accounts for various entities. Resolve any auditor queries about the statutory accounts.
- Financial analysis and evaluation of individual development initiatives.
We are seeking a commercially-minded, qualified accountant to join the team as a Project Accountant based in our office at Salford Quays, and relocating to central Manchester during 2019. The ideal candidate will have:-
- substantial experience of producing management accounts and, ideally, statutory accounts.
- experience of using and developing Excel spreadsheets – ideally to an advanced level.
- the capability to prioritise tasks and meet regular deadlines.
- good interpersonal skills as the role will interface with most levels within the business.
Salary – £40,000 to £50,000 depending upon experience.
Attractive benefits including bonus, car allowance, pension and a generous holiday entitlement.
All CVs to go to firstname.lastname@example.org