Finance Manager (Mandarin Speaking)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
£45,000 - £55,000 p.a.
Bright Scholar (UK) Holdings Limited
Bright Scholar has recently signed an agreement to acquire Bournemouth Collegiate School ("BCS") in the United Kingdom and is seeking a qualified Finance Manager to work alongside Bright Scholar’s Finance Department in Foshan, China for overseas projects. This role is mainly responsible for communication between the school and the headquarters, including but not limited to finance, IT, marketing, legal and other affairs.
BCS is an established independent school located in Bournemouth, Dorset, England. It offers day and boarding education from age 2-18 on two campuses. It has a strong global inclusive philosophy based on a traditional UK education. The school currently caters to approximately 600 students, including local students and international boarders from more than a dozen countries. BCS will be Bright Scholar’s first and flagship school in the UK. The new partnership will bring investment, additional expertise and improved outcomes and opportunities for the pupils and staff at the school.
- Manage and coordinate financial affairs for the Bournemouth Collegiate School project and other overseas projects in the UK according to the requirements of Bright Scholar Headquarters in Foshan, China;
- Formulate finance management policies and regulations for the project in accordance with the regulations of Bright Scholar Education Holdings Ltd. whilst taking local British conditions into consideration;
- Delegate tasks to the Finance team with performance evaluation;
- Provide sound financial advice and analysis on a regular basis;
- Assess and communicate budget control measures across various financial indicators to the senior leadership team;
- Review financial accounting data, such as tax declaration materials, etc.;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by senior leadership team;
Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, with at least three years of finance-related experience including at minimum one year in a supervisory role within a large enterprise or Big Four company;
- Master of professional financial knowledge, and familiar with local financial regulations and systems;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to handle and coordinate tasks independently. Articulate, optimistic, detail-oriented, honest, accountable and able to work effectively in small teams;
- ACCA or other relevant certificates preferred;
- Possess a high degree of working efficiency in Chinese language.
About Bright Scholar
Bright Scholar Education Holdings Ltd. is a NYSE-listed (ticker: BEDU) education group based out of Foshan, China and is the largest operator of international and bilingual K-12 schools in China in terms of student enrollment. The company is dedicated to providing quality international education to Chinese students and equipping them with the critical academic foundation and skillsets necessary to succeed in the pursuit of higher education overseas. It also complements its international offerings with Chinese government-mandated curriculum for students who wish to maintain the option of pursuing higher education in China. As of May 31, 2018, Bright Scholar operated 67 schools covering the breadth of K-12 academic needs of its students across eight provinces in China. In the first six months of the 2018 school year ended May 31, 2018, Bright Scholar had an average of 35,275 students enrolled at its schools. Bright Scholar is undertaking vast internationalization and expansion opportunities and aims to become a pre-eminent global education services provider.
How to Apply
If you sound perfect for this role, please apply below now with your CV and a short introduction/cover letter detailing educational and professional experience. Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received so do not wait in applying!
Please see the supporting document for the Mandarin Job copy.