London (West), London (Greater)
WE’RE GOING PLACES….
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our e-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world’s leading digital fashion marketplaces.
Our people make all the difference. Just as the River Island name pulls customers in off the high street and inspires them to buy online, our employer brand turns the heads of talented people, inspiring them to join, stay and grow with us.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
River Island is embarking on an exciting journey as the business capitalises on the growth of digital channels and the Commercial Finance team is instrumental to ensuring that River island investments are focussed in the right areas whilst driving greater efficiencies across the business
This is a critical role that spans across the whole of the River Island business, whether it be investing in technology, driving efficiencies from the supply chain, or driving maximum value from support functions
The flat business structure allows for Finance to influence decisions and drive value across the organisation.
- Business partner with all central department Directors and Heads (including Logistics, IT, Visual, HR as well as Product Team costs)
- Managing team to quickly and efficiently deliver mgmt. accounts – and use to drive decisions
- Well controlled costs ensuring no surprises
- Support departments in producing business cases for investments and make recommendations
- Ensure costs are delivering value to the business
- Alongside Commercial Directors and Heads, agreeing an annual budget and update periodic forecasts - challenge assumptions, variances, and influence efficiencies
- Engaging and motivating the team to work collaboratively
- Develop close and trusted working relationships with all department Directors and Heads and provide support for decision making
- Develop a strong understanding of all departments including the key cost drivers and reporting requirements
- Ad hoc and proactive analysis to influence decisions
- Organise and lead periodic meetings with department heads & team to ensure ownership and accuracy of forecasts
- Work with all departments to identify investment proposals which lead to operational efficiencies with a view to cost savings
- Understand key cost drivers and identify opportunities to improve performance
- Lead the central cost analyst & mgmt. accountant to ensure timely and accurate monthly reporting
- Regular review of reporting to ensure it is fit for purpose and drives decisions, minimising the time the team take to report whilst maximising the time spent working with and challenging the commercial teams.
- Ensure that costs are effectively allocated across channels to drive better business decisions
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
- +5 years post qualified experience
- Excellent relationship management – business partnering multiple stakeholders
- Strong Management accounts background
- Possess strong analytical skills and in particular can demonstrate the ability to conclude and make recommendations
- Excellent communication skills
- Confidence to challenge and manage priorities across multiple senior business partners
- Experience in producing business cases and making recommendations
- Proficient in Excel to an intermediate level
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining high levels of accuracy
- Ability to motivate with previous line management experience
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
You will be working with industry experts who are passionate about our brand and really know their stuff. They are focused on ensuring they deliver this knowledge to their team to support with their development with the business. What better way to learn and develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% staff discount
- Pension scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Season ticket loan
- Ride to work scheme
- On-site gym
- On-site staff Shop
- Subsidised canteen
- Giver Island