Business Unit Financial Controller
£70-£85k + Benefits
- Fantastic Leadership Opportunity
- Fast paced, high growth, Multi-site group
About Our Client
Ultrapharm, forms part of the Finsbury Food Group, creating gluten-free bakery products at sites in Poland and Pontypool, South Wales, supplying the UK retail trade and other markets across Europe. Finsbury Food Group is a leading speciality bakery manufacturer, producing a diverse range of cakes, bread and bakery snack products for the major UK multiple retailers and for the foodservice channel.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Financial Controller's role is to support, challenge and advise the Senior Management Team on factory financial data and financial based performance information. The role will predominately be based in Pontypool, South Wales but will require an element of travel (3-4 days per month) to a site in Poland.
The role is a key member of the sites management team, and will play a pivotal role in the development of site's strategy.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Analysing product profitability and driving through performance improvement plans which are fully owned by local management.Overseeing the production weekly and monthly management accounts, driving the budgeting, and forecasting processes.
- Developing and delivering a 3 year strategy plan
- Co-ordinating, evaluating, and analysing CAPEX projects and requests.
- Analysis and explanation of key financial information
- Understanding amongst management team of commercial issues and SKU profitability
- Challenge on overspends with budget holders, understanding of key operational issues within business
- Financial results presentation and feedback
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a professionally qualified Finance Professional (ACCA, CIMA, ACA) with a proven track record within a Manufacturing company, with an FMCG background being desirable.
You will be able to demonstrate experience of leading a team, driving continuous improvement, and site performance metrics.
The Business Unit Financial Controller will be a strong communicator and effective influencer at all levels, with strong stakeholder management skills.
Capable of working within in a fast paced environment, with a hands-on approach and IT Systems skills (Sage and/or Navision with excellent Excel knowledge.
As the role is responsible for a site in Poland the successful candidate will need to be able to travel for 3 or 4 days per month.
What's on Offer
A fantastic package of £70 - £85k + Benefits.
Ref Code: MPGW13978327Z