Up to £70,000
Our client, a charity based in Greenwich are looking to appoint a dynamic, commercially astute Director of Finance & IT to the Chief Executive’s Office.
The postholder will be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, working closely with the CEO and other colleagues across the Foundation. (Preferably from a visitor attraction / heritage cultural institution or property / destination business background.)
This is a key role in the development and growth of the Foundation. The Finance Director is responsible for continued strategic development of the financial and IT capabilities, continuous improvement of the budgeting and forecasting processes, development of future businessmodelling and analysis; and compliance of payroll, VAT, corporation tax, Companies House and Charity Commission requirements.
The key responsibilities of the Finance Director include:
- To build and lead a motivated, high performing Finance & IT Team; ensuring the provision of compliant, consistent and effective finance services to the Foundation.
- To ensure the successful delivery of the Foundation’s strategic aims through effective professional leadership and confident management of the finance function.
- To take responsibility for the financial success and sustainability of the Foundation, ensuring sufficient funds are available for the running of the organisation and support of prudent commercial activity.
- To provide financial planning, budgeting, analytical, reporting and other support services to the Foundation, and its Trading Company, achieving best practices.
- To provide a professional Company Secretarial Service to the Foundation and Trading Company according to Company law, Charity Commission advice and sector benchmarks.
- To work closely with the Audit and Finance Committee in ensuring high quality audit and financial governance.
- To lead the development of a renewed IT strategy and its implementation for the Foundation.
- To provide cover to the Foundation as a member of the Executive Leadership Team, during absences of other Directors, as agreed with the Chief Executive.
Experience Required of the new Finance Director
Leading on all aspects of financial management and excelling in the purpose of the role, the successful Finance Director will be experienced, dynamic, ambitious and inspired to help shape, and deliver the Foundation’s strategic objectives, through a period of exciting transformation.
If you would like to be this charity's new Finance Director then please apply below now.