£25,599 to £34,360 per annum
We’re looking for a talented part-qualified management accountant with strong analytical and communication skills to help support financial decision making across the business.
Who we are:
Welcome to Here. We help people live well. Through partnerships with providers in health and social care we create health services and solutions which are shaped around the needs of the person. We are a not-for-profit social enterprise based in Brighton delivering services across Sussex and nationally.
The Management Accountant role sits within the Fusion team. We provide all finance, facilities, business administration, health and safety and HR support to the rest of the organisation. We are the engine room heroes who keep Here running smoothly and compliantly, so we can all focus on what really matters: looking after people.
The Management Accountant Role:
The Management Accountant role is integral to our success, responsible for providing key financial reporting and analysis on budgets, forecasts and actuals. The role holder is a key source of advice and support to Directors, Service Managers and Budget Holders providing the information and analysis that ensures that financial and commercial elements are factored into decision making, better enabling us to deliver on our purpose and use our financial resources wisely.
You will be responsible for preparing monthly financial management reports, discussing the financial performance with budget holders and ensuring that our management information reflects the latest information on operational performance and projections. You will support ongoing financial decision making through the development of financial and commercial models that help Directors and Service Managers complete bids and tenders for new business, modelling the key activities that drive income and costs.
You will co-ordinate the annual budget setting process, creating a spreadsheet framework for budget holders to build their budgets that provides consistency and comparability between each service area. You will provide guidance to budget holders concerning appropriate budget setting assumptions ensuring that budget projections are realistic and incorporate all relevant items.
The Management Accountant will work as an integral member of the finance team of four providing an impeccable finance function to the business. You will be involved in day to day accounting activity, helping ensure that the accounting system facilitates accurate management reporting, contributing to a strong financial control environment and sharing your expertise with colleagues. You will be responsible for monitoring and reporting cash flow projections and working capital management.
For further information please see the attached Job Description at the bottom of the advert.
What is needed:
- The Management Accountant will have a strong analytical mind set and brilliant excel skills to go with it, enabling you to produce value adding financial management reports and models with ease. You will be adept at taking new information on a service or product and converting this into financial and commercial models that support effective financial decision making.
- The Management Accountant will have strong technical accounting skills, will be progressing towards a professional accounting qualification and are likely to be a part qualified or finalist CIMA/ACCA. You will be very familiar with using computerised accounting systems to record and report information (we use Xero).
- The Management Accountant will have excellent communication skills and will be comfortable explaining financial concepts to non-financial experts, and presenting financial information to senior people across the organisation. You will be great at helping colleagues to identify and understand the causes of performance variance, business risks and the levers and assumptions that have the greatest impact on financial performance. You will have strong attention to detail and the ability to manage competing priorities while providing a professional service to our stakeholders.
- The Management Accountant will enjoy working in a fast-paced and changing purpose driven business environment. You will have strong organisational skills, including the ability to work to fixed monthly deadlines, while managing ongoing ad-hoc business demands from across the organisation.
For further information please see the attached Person Specification at the bottom of the advert.
Our offer for this Management Accountant position:
- £25,599 to £34,360
- NHS Pension
- Full Time
- Based at our brilliant offices in Brighton
If this role sounds right for you, please apply now.
Here are committed to equality and valuing diversity.
Apply for Management Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly