- Full Time
We are delighted to be able to support our Client, a leading Further Education provider with their search for a Payroll Officer. This role will be based in Altrincham, but there will be the requirement to travel to their other South Manchester based campuses from time to time, so it would be useful if you are a car driver.
You will form a Payroll team of 2, which makes up part of the wider HR team of 9 staff. As it is a small team, you will benefit from great autonomy. There is also lots of variety in this role due to the range of contracts within the College and the different ways people are paid (Lecturers, Business Support team, Hourly paid staff, Fixed Term Contract staff). In addition, there could be the opportunity to grow & develop their Payroll Information System.
- Should be able to demonstrate a breadth of Payroll experience, either as a Payroll Administrator or Payroll Officer
- FE Sector experience would be desirable but essential
- My Client will also consider someone from Payroll Bureau
- If you have experience of payrolling Agency & Part-Time workers, this would be beneficial but full training will be given
- Grade C & above in Maths & English
- CIPP Payroll Technician Certificate would be ideal
- Ability to manage your workload & work independently
Duties will include:
- Managing the Payroll for 720 employees, with a £21 Payroll budget
- Looking at expense claims for agency staff, setting them up on payroll in order to approve their hours / timesheets
This role is paying a salary of up to £23,000 + Extremely generous pension scheme (22% Employer contribution!) + 28 days holiday + 5 shutdown days + 8 bank holidays. Hours of work are 36 per week, Monday to Friday and some flexibility around start & finish times.
My Client would like someone to start ASAP. It will be a 1, possible 2-stage interview process. 1st interview will be a chat around your experience & aspirations followed by an in-tray exercise. If you're interested, please send me your CV by 1:00pm on Friday 11th January. My Client will review CV's on Monday 14th January with a view to arranging interviews towardss the end of that week.