Join us as a Cost Accountant and you’ll become part the leading kitchen specialist in Europe.
What the Cost Accountant will be doing
Reporting into our Finance Director you’ll provide accurate and timely financial reporting/cost information. You’ll support our Management Accounts function with Cognos reporting ensuring GL postings are as per expectation along with the overall responsibility for monthly cost centre reviews. Having 2 direct reports you’ll also oversee the accounts payable/treasury function.
How you will qualify for the Cost Accountant role
You’ll have solid accounting knowledge ideally gained within a similar environment. You’ll be inter-personable with excellent communication and influencing skills. Ideally you’ll have exposure of production accounting and standard cost methodology. Opera or Cognos experience is preferred.
Who are we?
Commodore Kitchens was established in 1972. We are a UK based company specialising in the design, manufacture and installation of bespoke kitchen furniture for the builder and developer. Nobia (Europe’s largest kitchen specialist) acquired the business in late 2015 and is supporting with both business growth and efficiency initiatives. We currently employ approximately 140 colleagues.
In this Cost Accountant role you will help us to succeed by:
- Having the overall responsibility for monthly cost centre reviews – actuals vs budgets
- Supporting management accounts function with Cognos reporting and ensuring general ledger postings are as per expectation
- Implementing product costing and margin analysis reporting
- Having the responsibility for overseeing the whole accounts payable/treasury function with direct reports
- Changing, reviewing and implementing new processes to streamline reporting
- Approving online payments
- Assisting with year end audit process and production of the Statuary Accounts
The experience and skills that will help you hit the ground running are:
- Having inter-personal communication and influencing skills
- Experience of production accounting and standard cost methodology
- Solid Accounting knowledge
- Opera or Cognos experience preferred
- Flexibility in your approach to work
- Manufacturing/Construction experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills
- Sociable and self-motivated
You will be successful by demonstrating our key behaviours. We want you to show:
- Pro-active behaviours – by contributing to business success, making good decisions and sharing ideas
- Performance behaviours – by being results focused, working well with others and putting our customer first
- People behaviours – by being a great communicator, being engaged and developing each other
- Personal behaviours – by being resilient, creating trust and developing yourself
If this Cost Accountant role sounds right for you, apply now