A Public-Sector body in Manchester are looking for a senior level Accountant to join their dynamic finance department on a full-time, permanent basis. This role pays up to £25 per hour.
Responsibilities of your new role
As the organisation’s new Accountant, you will manage and lead on the financial obligations and requirements, reflecting best practice and full compliance with legal and accounting rules. You will be responsible for providing a full and comprehensive accounting and reporting function, which will include management accounts, VAT returns and other financial information whilst ensuring rigorous control environment is maintained. Your core duties in this Accounting position will include:
- Ensuring the performance and review of robust balance sheet reconciliations, and investigating all reconciling items with a sufficient audit trail;
- Providing appropriate supporting narrative and explanations of variances against forecast/budget to the operating unit and FP&A team to prompt key business decisions;
- Developing and managing financial systems and processes to support business requirements and deliver efficiencies;
- Preparing cash flow forecasts on a weekly basis;
- Preparing and checking weekly BACS runs for submission for payment; and
- Loading budget and forecast information into the system to enable an analysis of actual performance against both budget and forecast profiles.
The organisation seeks a qualified Accountant (ACCA / ACA / CIMA) who demonstrate significant experience of:
- Management accounts;
- Month end reporting;
- VAT returns;
- Cash flow analysis; and
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
The successful Accountant will be offered an experience dependent rate of £15.00 - £25.00 per hour.
Please submit your application today to be considered immediately for this Accountant opportunity in Manchester.