A large Local Authority in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire are looking for an interim senior Auditor to join them for a full-time position. This Audit role is vital to the Organisation's plans and will play a key part in helping to manage and develop the existing team.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Auditor role
Your primary responsibilities in this Audit position will include:
- Supervising and delivering external audits to public sector clients;
- Performing reviews and highlighting the risk areas for further audit investigations;
- Preparation and delivery of audit strategies to clients;
- Preparation and supervision of draft statutory financial statements;
- Performing analytical review and highlighted areas for further audit investigations;
- Assigning audit areas to team members to manage the audit risks and develop the team; and
- Completing financial statement testing, including completion of disclosure checklists and closure of audit files.
The successful interim Auditor will:
- Have extensive audit experience of Public Sector organisations (essential);
- Be a fully qualified CCAB accountant; and
- Be able to proactively identify client needs and keep them informed of projects/audits throughout.
The firm are offering an excellent daily rate of £250 - £300 for the successful Auditor.
This is a fantastic challenge for the successful Auditor, and you will be joining the Peterborough organisation at a growing and hugely exciting time. Apply now to be considered immediately for this temporary role.