The role is for an experience Systems Accountant with at least 2 years in a similar role. ONLY looking for a candidate from legal, financial or professional services that has a friendly demeanour and strong level of communication.
A law firm which delivers exceptional legal results to its clients who are principally from the real estate and private wealth sectors. Whatever our client's objectives, they take a collaborative approach to find solutions tailored to the client's specific needs. They come across in an engaged and friendly manner, combined with the delivery of concise, clear and commercially led advice which helps to build long lasting relationships with their clients.
The key responsibilities included:
- Work with our software suppliers (as the finance lead) to scope, develop, test and implement solutions to agreed budgets and timescales
- To ensure that any issues relating to the operation of our financial systems are promptly identified and resolved (PMS, BI, budgeting, billing, payment approvals, time recording, general ledger, purchase ledger and credit control)
- To ensure that any change requests or enhancements relating to our financial systems are thoroughly and systematically evaluated; and that any agreed solutions are punctually delivered
- Write SQLSQL Reports to satisfy regular and ad-hochoc information requests
- Continually appraise existing processes to inform system and procedural development
- Help deliver the automation of tasks performed manually by the finance team
- Ensure sufficient system controls exist to comply with SRASRA, AMLAML and HMRCHMRC legislation
- Train users on new applications or features
- Be the firm's expert on how the finance systems database operates
- Assist the IT team with maintaining and updating existing tools/software.
The successful candidate will:
- SQL skills - essential
- Advanced MS Excel - essential
- SSRS skills - desirable
- Part Qualified status
- 2 years' relevant experience within a law/professional services firm - desirable
- Relevant systems experience: Norwel, Rekoop and Quantum - desirable
On offer to the candidate is:
- A salary between £50 - £65k (depending on experience)