Head of Audit
- Responsible for the audit team and responsible for ensuring the company complies with a number of funding rules and regulations.
- Setting and developing an internal audit strategy to cover audits of HR/Finance/Sales and other functions.
Our client are a growing SME business with the head office based in Cardiff and 3 additional sites throughout the UK.
Reporting into the FD, key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Management of the audit team
- Ensuring compliance with multiple funding rules and ESF regulations
- Leading audit and being responsible for ensuring there are no funding errors.
- Be the source of all things funding related and to help with admin and operations related queries.
- Setting and developing an internal audit strategy to cover audits of HR/Finance/Sales and other functions
- Ensuring the ISO27001 compliance is maintained for the annual audit
- Ensuring GDPR compliance and acting as DPO in FD's absence
- Managing the data integrity manager.
- Managing the Health and Safety Officer - ensuring the H&S obligations are met with our apprentices and also internally while liaising with our H&S consultant.
The successful candidate will have most if not all of the following attributes:
- High attention to detail
- Understanding of risk and compliance.
- Hands on approach
- A self starting 'can do' attitude.
- Managerial experience
- Energetic and Dynamic personality
- Our client will consider candidates both with and without a financial qualification. It is essential this candidate has worked in a audit or risk function previously and can implement controls to mitigate risk to a business.
The full time position offers a competitive salary and a package including:
- 25 days holiday + 8 b/h
- Working hours 08 - 4 (Monday - Thursday) and 08-3 (Fridays).