My client, a fast-growing 'grab and go' quick service restaurant (think Pret or similar) headquartered in the West Midlands, is looking for a new permanent Finance Director to professionalise their finance department as the company takes on new investors to fund further growth.
The FD could potentially start out part time but would need to be full time eventually.
The company, currently consisting of approximately 20 locations spread across the UK with several abroad, has plans to significantly grow domestically and internationally within the next few years and needs to properly prepare for this rapid growth and increased scrutiny / expectations of solid reporting and forecasting from its investor base.
- ACA or equivalent certification
- Based in the West Midlands
- Fast serve / fast casual restaurant experience
- Understands the franchise model
- Very detailed and can produce a board deck / set of accounts
- Commercially minded and can challenge management / investors with an eye towards increasing margins / reducing costs / monitoring key KPIs, etc.
- International experience would be helpful
- Experience of having led the sale of a company would be a bonus
- Institutional investor experience would also be a bonus