Property Expenditure Manager - Real Estate Investor
Property Expenditure Manager - Operations Team. OUR CLIENT are one of the biggest and most renowned investment companies who hold a significant large portfolio of different asset classes across the UK and globally. As a result of workflow and continued dedicated expansion, they have instructed us on a new opportunity which has arisen to join their operations management and strategy team for a Property Expenditure Manager who will be providing high quality support in various areas.
THE ROLE: for the Property Expenditure Manager will assume the following responsibilities:
- Overseeing and managing the correct allocation of property expenditure between revenue and capital based on the company's approved policy and procedures.
- Reviewing relevant policy and procedure to ensure adequacy and appropriateness in the respective Fund contexts. Champion policy improvement and development over time.
- Developing relationships with third party consultants, property managers and internal stakeholders such as development & construction team, company tax, Property Fund Finance and other.
- Reviewing performance of relevant suppliers and consultants to ensure adherence to service level targets and KPIs.
- Providing focal contact point for queries from the business and outsourced service providers and liaising with the company's prudential tax to deliver correct and accurate guidance in relation to policy that is supported by appropriate technical advice.
- Understanding the CIS obligations for new entities and development acquisitions in accordance with third party tax advisor reports.
- Registering new entities as contractor / sub-contractor as appropriate.
- Verifying underlying sub-contractors in accordance with CIS policy and/or relevant legislation.
- Understanding the Health and Safety responsibilities and ensuring that they are undertaken in accordance with the relevant Company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ensuring that procedures and key controls are in place and up to date around payment processes.
- Ensuring that the expenditures are coded correctly in accordance with CIS policy.
THE PERSON: To apply you must have a solid track record and ideally approaching 10+ years' of experience, have a good understanding in general of expenditure / payments and Property Accounting and previous experience working with data and systems administration would also be beneficial. To apply you must be proactive as they are looking for someone who is 'hands-on' and is able to manage their time/work at their own initiative. The successful candidate will have an articulate understanding of the CIS (Construction Industry Scheme) and Capital/Revenue, this is essential as you will be liaising with internal/external clients and advising them and also ideally you must possess a good understanding of Property Management Systems such as (QUBE/TRAMPS/YARDI) this is highly desirable.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook